Wednesday, April 10, 2013

OPI ~ Diva of Geneva with Nfu Oh 062


OPI ~ Diva of Geneva
Deep shimmery red-ish purple with a golden tone to it

Diva of Geneva is from OPI’s Swiss collection from Autumn 2010 and is another OPI I couldn’t leave alone. It looks a little bit boring and brown in the bottle, but it really comes to life on the nails.

The formula was surprisingly good for an OPI ;) and the pigmentation is good too. It almost covered with one coat, and it was perfect at two. I’ll try stamping with this at some point. Drying time was on the fast side – which I must admit was a surprise, because that’s not my general impression of OPI polishes. But anyway – here is the pic of two coats without top coat:




I’m in love with this!

I wanted to stamp on it and took a while on deciding which colour to stamp with. I went for holo! I used Nfu Oh’s 062, which my friend Line let me have. I’m ever so grateful! It’s a very pretty pink holo. Did I mention that I love Nfu Oh’s bottles? They’re amazing little pieces of art!

So anyway, I stamped with Nfu Oh 062 and used a stamping plate from Mash called Mash-50. I sealed it all up with one coat of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat.

Here’s a picture taken in my light box. I think it looks alright, although not breathtaking:




But look at this picture, taken under a direct light bulb:



The polishes really pop, don’t you think? Here’s another one for you:



And the pretty polishes lined up for a photograph:




I love this! Sometimes it’s nice to make something relatively simple where you don’t spend all evening doing nails, you know?
So, what’s your verdict, sweet girls? Is this also a win in your book?


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Love both those colours. And in general I'm a huge fan of stamping incorporating holos. I'm also a big fan simple. Simple can be just as eye catching when done properly as something more extravagant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Advanced nail art can be really breathtaking, but it's not for everybody, so I prefer it simpler :)

      Delete
  2. That subtle stamping looks gorgeous on this vampy color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mani! I love the rich red base and the design you added! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That polish is really nice, I'm so glad I bought it, despite my complicated relationship with OPI :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for reminding me to use my NFu Oh 62. This is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I'm looking forward to seeing it on your blog :)

      Delete