Tuesday, April 23, 2013

piCture pOlish ~ Paradise - with peacock

piCture pOlish  ~ Paradise
blue-green jelly base, very fine purple glitter, and small hot pink holographic glitter

This is my second polish from piCture pOlish, and it’s not going to be my last. I’m very impressed with the quality of this brand.

The polish appears a bit thick, but it applies easily and covers excellently. I used two coats for this mani, and the drying time was good too. I’ve only got positive things to say about this polish :)

Here’s what she looks like in all her glory. Two coats and one coat of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat:


And from a slightly different angle:



The colours reminded me of peacocks, so I stamped appropriate designs on this. I used stamping plates from Bundlemonster. BM-212 for the “feathers” and BM15 for the peacock itself. I stamped with “Stamp me! Silver” stampy polish from Essence and China Glaze “Split Perso-nail-ity” from their Tranzitions collection that came out recently.

Here are the feathers:


And here’s the full mani with the peacock on the thumb:


It’s all sealed up with a layer of Poshé top coat.
  
Here are the pretty polishes lined up:


I’m not 100% satisfied with this myself. I would have liked the silver lines to have been more clear and crisp. So I’m going to try out this design again because I like it a lot, but with different polishes :)

So, what’s your verdict? Do you also like peacocks?

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes



I bought this polish myself, and it's available on norwaynails.com.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

12 comments:

  1. I love the finished look - but if it was to show the peacock, I think the stamping was too dominant excet of course on the thumb. On the thumb you really see how well chosen the stamping color is to match peacock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point. I need to work out how I show both the peacock and the stamp in future :)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea! I need to try out something similar myself now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It is indeed, I'm so glad it's part of my stash!

      Delete
  4. Paradise is such a gorgeous color! It's definitely on my wishlist. And I love the art you added, especially the peacock on your thumb. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paradise will look stunning on you, Yun, that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Great color combination and a very beautiful mani! <3

    ReplyDelete