Sunday, March 11, 2012

Barry M ~ Raspberry

Barry M ~ Raspberry
Deep, raspberry red

and

Nubar ~ White Polka Dot
Clear base with multisized white “dots”

I’ve heard quite a lot about Barry M, so I thought I’d give it a go. I ordered this Raspberry colour along with a few others, and was excited when they showed up. They look just as pretty as I expected them to.

So, about the application: The formula is quite thick, but still very easy to work with. The polish glided right on, and left no streaks or bald spots at all. Nice. And behold! This turned out to be a one coater!! So I’ll definitely try and stamp with this colour as well. <YAY>

Let me show you – one coat, no top coat yet:


But that’s obviously not it. I had another polish to try – Nubar’s “White Polka Dots”. I’ve also got the “Black Polka Dots”, but now that spring might be around the corner soon, I wanted something more bright and happy.

The dots spread easily out on the nail, I didn’t have to push them much around with the brush. It’s weird, because the black dots were so much harder to arrange on the nails. I’m not complaining though – it’s just nice that one of them is easy to work with.

Here’s one coat of the polka dots over the raspberry:


Do you like it? I think it looks great – in all modesty, obviously! :D

Both pictures are taken in the sun by the way! It seems like ages since I saw the sun last, so I was very excited to be able to take some pictures where the polish shows all its colours!


Barry M ~ Raspberry
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes


Nubar ~ White Polka Dot
Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. I think this looks great too and I love the topcoat :-) Barry M is pretty reliable when it comes to quality I find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. So far I haven't tried one Barry M thing that let me down. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous! I have been dreaming about Raspberry since I first saw it. Love the White Polka Dots on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl can never have too many different reds, and I am seriously impressed with this one. :)

      Delete
  3. I just found a website where I can get these in the USA! I have wanted to try this brand for a while now! This raspberry is pretty! I have both those nubars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spotted the Nubars on your recent post about your stash! :D
      If there are Barry M polishes that you can't get your hands on yourself, I'd be happy to get them for you.

      Delete
  4. Solskin! Ih det er simpelthen så fedt! Og meget nemmere at ta ordentlige billeder :) Virkelig et pænt design <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nu er jeg også snart træt af vinter, kulde og mørke, så jeg jubler hver gang solen skinner! :)
      Tunsind tak! <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's definitely high up on my list of favourites too! :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous color! It looks edible. Yum!

    ReplyDelete