Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sally Hansen ~ Laser

Sally Hansen ~ Laser
Very shimmery duochrome,  shifting from blue to purple


Sally Hansen make some pretty polishes. Too bad we can only buy the boring ones here in Denmark. And thank god for blog sales, so we can get our hands on the pretty ones after all.

This polish looks very promising. The blue in the bottle is stunning, and shifts beautifully to purple when you twist and turn the bottle a bit. It’s so shiny and shimmering. I believe all the shimmer comes from tiny, tiny glass flecks. 

The formula was a bit on the thin side, but not so much that it was  annoyingly  runny. I think I could have gotten away with two coats, but I gave it three anyway, to see this polish’s full potential. And I was definitely not disappointed – it’s just as pretty on the nails as it is in the bottle. Here it is – three coats, no top coat:


I tried to photograph it from both the purple and the blue angle, but even though the sun was actually out for once, I didn’t manage to catch the purple side, no matter how much I twisted and turned my fingers. I could easily see it, I just couldn’t photograph it. So you’ll have to take my word for it, and just look at the blue side of it. :)

I decided to add a bit of bling. I used Kleancolor’s “Twinkly Love”, which is a pinkish clear base with various coloured  holographic hearts. I fished up two hearts for each nail, and pushed them into the desired position. Then I added a thick layer of Seche Vite top coat, and the mani was done:



I really like it. It shiny, shimmering and fun. What do you think?
(I actually got to photograph the purple side of it here!!)



Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty manicure! I love the heart topcoat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) The hearts definitely made it more eye catching, and I like that.

      Delete
  2. Matas' udvalg af sally Hansen er For det meste kedeligt. Denne er til gengæld SÅ flot! Forresten jeg er blevet lidt hooked på Manglaze's "Lesbihonest". Har du en? Eller ved hvordan jeg kan få fat i en? :)
    Kh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg er fuldstændig enig. Til gengæld er de holdt op med at sælge Sally Hansens Insta-Dri hvilket er rigtigt irriterende, for det er fantastiske stempel-lakker.
      Jeg har ikke "Lesbihonest" selv. Jeg har set den på Amazon, men de sender kun til USA. Denne engelske side sælger Manglaze, men ikke Lesbihonest: http://shop.nailbiz.co.uk/exclusives-10-c.asp :/
      Du er nok nødt til at alliere dig med en negleblogger i USA.
      Kh.

      Delete
    2. Det er irriterende det skal være så bøvlet :) Har faktisk skrevet med manglaze på fb. Og lige nu sender de ikke til europa pga en masse dumme regler. Men det kan være de vil gøre det, IGEN på et tidspunkt... Hmmm tror jeg venter til April med at sætte en større eftersøgning igang ;-)

      KH

      Delete
    3. Jeg vil gerne være med til at krydse fingre for at de igen vil sende til Europa! :)
      Sker der noget spændende til april? :D

      Delete
    4. Skal bare lige ha penge du ved ;)

      Delete
    5. Nåååh ja! LOL! Selvfølgelig, det kender jeg godt! ;D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so too. I didn't fish for specific colours, I just put on what was on the brush. :)

      Delete
  4. I love that polish! and the hearts make it so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure I've seen heart glitter before! Looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It was soo worth the fishing. :)

      Delete