Thursday, March 8, 2012

Frankenpolish ~ Galaxia

Frankenpolish ~ Galaxia
Shimmery black with glitter

Here’s the last franken I got from sweet Alice Snow. It has taken me a while to actually try this one out, because I don’t usually wear black polish. I love dark colours, but it’s very seldom I go totally black.

Little did I know that Alice had already thought of that. This black is special, because she added silver and glitters so that this polish doesn’t show up jet black. It’s a shimmery crème, that could easily be a one coater. There’s glitter in it, yes, but only a few of them do actually show up on the nails, which suits me fine in this case. The polish applies easily, and drying time is a bit on the slow side.

Here are two coats, no top coat:


Notice that this picture is actually taken in the sunshine!! It’s the first time I’ve seen the sun for ages, and I can see that starting up a nail polish blog in the autumn and winter, where the sun doesn’t show up much, wasn’t the best idea I have ever had. I’m looking forward to many more pictures of my nails in the sun!!

I stamped on this black beauty. I used a stamping plate named T06 and Essence’s “Stamp me! Silver” stamping polish.

I chose a cross, because I aimed for the dark, gothic look.



Do you think I succeeded?

12 comments:

  1. I really love this mani and I'm so glad you like the polish! ♥
    The intention was for you to wear more black nail polish, and I think I can say I accomplished that ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure did, I'm so impressed and surprised looked so good on me ;D
      Thank you again, I'm very happy that you made frankens for me ♥

      Delete
  2. I love that stamp design! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I almost knew you'd like that design!

      Delete
  3. Awesome franken and awesome stamping, I definitely think you succeeded! It's totally gothic looking, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm please that you think I succeeded :)

      Delete
  4. Man kan trykke "recieve email when in stock" for pinkerbell nu!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fandme genialt, hvis du spørger mig! Jeg glæder mig til at se den på dig. :)

      Delete
    2. Du er ikke selv hooked på Pinkerbell? :) Eller der er andre der frister? ;)

      Delete
    3. Pinkerbell ser lidt lys ud i forhold til hvad jeg godt kan lide. Af hendes collection er det Floam, jeg har øjne på. Og så en masse af GlitterGals holografiske, som jeg synes er vildt flotte. De er bare lidt dyre, så nu må vi se. Jeg venter også lige til 1. april. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'll definitely be using both again. :)

      Delete