Saturday, March 24, 2012

Essence ~ Style for Summernights

Essence ~ Style for Summernights
Silver foil


I have this luxury problem that there are so many untrieds in my box at the moment, so I have a very hard time deciding what to wear. Today I chose this silver from Essence as a base for some glitter. I’m not so sure that it was a good idea, but more about that later.

The formula is great. The polish is easily applied, leaving no bald spots or brush strokes, really. And it covered perfectly in two easy coats.

Two coats, no top coat:


I wanted to try out the cobalt glitter from Claire’s. It looked like a glitter that I wouldn’t be able to get opaque on its own unless I used at least 8 coats. That’s why I wanted to have the silver background for it.

The glitter doesn’t spread easily, you have to push the brush around to get an even layer of glitter on the nails.

Here is the full mani. Two coats of the glitter over the Essence, plus a layer of Poshé top coat:


I’m not crazy about this mani to be honest. It’s a bit too “meh” for me – it misses a bit of the wow-effect, if you know what I mean.

What do you think? Is it a go or a no go?



Essence:
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: No

11 comments:

  1. The blue glitter looks great witht he silver! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Har det lidt på samme måde. Den er da fin nok, men ikke sådan wow :) er lidt uinspireret for tiden. Prøver et masse forskellige looks, men synes ikke det er spændende nok. Har lige fået jawbreaker fra pretty&polished idag, så håber det skifter ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg tænker, at jeg kan bruge den blå glitterlak til at blande sammen med andre lakker, som heller ikke i sig selv er sådan wow! Måske hjælper det.
      Jeg glæder mig til at se hvad du finder på. :)

      Delete
  3. I see what you mean about the wow-effect, but I like that blue glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this mani! I especially like the silver base coat, I love Essence polishes and I really like the metallic look to that polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence is a great brand. I so hope that they'll expand their market soon and start selling their polishes in Denmark!! :)

      Delete
  5. I have your problem! So many untrieds that I've been doing two colors at one time! Am trying to be on a no buy. But have been failing miserably! Love this color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a goal about not buying any polishes in March. I'll stop making promises like that in future, because I too fail when it comes to that.
      I do two colours at a time too. :D

      Delete