Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jesse’s Girl ~ Glee

Jesse’s Girl ~ Glee
Blue-ish green packed with golden shimmer


I’m not usually into golden polishes. I like silver much more. But when I saw this beautiful blue-ish green polish packed with shimmer, I just had to have it. The big question was, as always: would the prettiness transfer from the bottle onto the nail? Read on to find out! :)

The formula was quite good for a relatively cheap nail polish, but the brush was short and small, and I had to dip it a couple of times in the polish to get enough polish to cover an entire nail. I think my nails are pretty much medium sized, so perhaps this brush would work great for someone with really small nailbeds.

First coat went on, and the mani looked weird. It was very streaky and not good looking at all. The second coat solved that little problem and it looked gorgeous. So yes, the prettiness did indeed transfer onto the nails.

Here are two coats, with one coat of Poshé top coat:


It’s pretty, no?
Drying time was ok. Not super fast, but not boringly slow either.



I can see on the pictures that I should have taken the time to add a third coat, because pictures show no mercy on the thin spots. But seriously – this looks great in real life, so I’m happy.

What do you think?



Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.75/10
Buy again: Yes

20 comments:

  1. Den er super fin! Kan godt li den er sådan lidt shiny/folie-agtig ;) Men ja, tror det 3 lag havde gjort dét ekstra ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg sværger at man ikke kunne se de "tynde områder" i virkeligheden, men mand, billeder er bare fuldstændigt nådesløse!!! Argh! :D
      <3

      Delete
  2. I got this one even though I already had similar ones--I just love things that look mermaid-y. :) I was hoping they were going to do more special collections of this brand but instead my Rite Aid just keeps getting more City Color, which I'm not really into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I know what city colour is - but colours like this one really draw my attention. :)

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous! Just the kind of polish I'd wear in the spring & summertime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you like it - it's definitely a winner in my book too. :)

      Delete
  4. I really like this I also lean more toward silver than I do gold tones but this really payed off going for the gold :)

    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel too. Silver is better but in this case the gold works. :)

      Delete
  5. That looks so pretty, it really suits you

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a bit like a polish from Essence :D
    This is beautiful, I love it! ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it does too :D Too bad Essence don't sell their stuff online. *sigh* ♥xx

      Delete
  7. Wow this is truly beautiful! I have not heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, until recently when I saw another one of their polishes on a nail blog. I went googling and fell in love with this one.

      Delete
  8. This is a gorgeous polish!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete