Thursday, May 24, 2012

BYS ~ Voodoo Violet


BYS ~ Voodoo Violet  
Dark purple packed with multisized purple, pink and holographic glitter


This is my only BYS polish. BYS is an Australian brand, and the letters stand for “Be Your Self”.

It’s not a secret that purple is my favourite colour nail polish, and that I’m a huge glitter fan. This polish satisfies both needs, really, being a beautiful purple packed with glitter. It even says “Glitterazzi” on the lid! That sounds promising in my little ears!

The application was easy. The formula was a bit on the thick side, which means I could apply it effortless and without pulling on the already applied polish. Two easy and fast drying layers and I was satisfied with it.

I finished it off with a generous coat of Poshé top coat. Not that the polish itself dried out particularly gritty, but I used it to protect the mani and add more shine to it.

Here’s a pic taken in the sun:


And here’s one taken in my light box:


Do you like it? I’ve already decided that this isn’t going to be my last BYS!


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. I love it, gorgeous and glittery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very pretty! I haven´t tried anything from BYS so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get the chance, you should. I was very impressed with this one. :)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous! I have a few from the Glitterazzi collection but I've yet to try them - now I can't wait to give them a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, even more Glitterazis! I'd love to try more of them! :)

      Delete
  4. Ohh this is really pretty I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I have a few BYS & never knew what it stood for, so thanks for that tidbit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I like little bits of info like that :)

      Delete
  6. I have 0 BYS, but this polish is so pretty! Im a glitter fan myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to meet a fellow glitter fan here! :D

      Delete
  7. I like the base color purple-but this would be too much glitter for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is a very nice shade of purple, I agree with you. I know about the glitter :)

      Delete
  8. Amazing purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is, isn't it. :) And the pics are pretty colour accurate!

      Delete