Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Catrice ~ Alluring Night


Catrice ~ Alluring Night
Dark teal/blue with microshimmer

and

B. O. ~ 68
Clear base packed with silver glitter and stars


Alluring Night is from the ‘Welcome To Las Vegas’ limited edition. It’s a very dark blue with microshimmer and it looks absolutely beautiful in the bottle.

The formula was a dream – not too runny, not too thick – and the polish went on effortlessly. No streaks or bald spots and it was almost opaque after the first coat. I gave it two coats anyway, to give the polish the best conditions to impress.

It dried up a bit on the matte side. Here’s how it looks without top coat:


Pretty, no?

But a night needs stars to be alluring for real. So I grabbed a bottle of B. O., which is a clear base packed with glitter and stars, and got ready to do some fishing. Little did I know that fishing wasn’t necessary.  There were stars on the brush every time I pulled it up. In fact, I sometimes had to push some stars off the brush, wanting only two stars on each nail.

The polish smells pretty weird. Not bad, just weird, and drying time is definitely on the slow side. Thank god it only needed one layer of glitters/stars.

Here’s the result, all sealed up with a layer of Color Club’s top coat.


Do you like it? I must admit that I am absolutely in love with the B.O. polish!!



Catrice ~ Alluring Night
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No

B. O.  ~ 68
Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

16 comments:

  1. I love it! Talk about a starry starry night!!

    You actually can't see the stars in Vegas well. The lights of the city are too bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'd love to go there myself one day and check it out. :) It sounds like I could make myself comfortable there.

      Delete
  2. I love it with the stars on top. This isn't my favourite catrice shade but the B.O polish really brings it to life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Catrice didn't live up to my expectations either, so it might be finding a new home at some point :)
      That B.O. could easily become a favourite!

      Delete
  3. I like the bottle more than the color of the Catrice. I do love the stars for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani looks like a night sky! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the top coat. I bet it was nice not needing to fish xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic to just pull up star after star for each dip in the polish! ;D

      Delete
  6. Well done, I love the starry night :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is really pretty ! I love this combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for stars. I really like them, which is why that topper is perfect! :)

      Delete