Saturday, May 19, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Denims ~ Styled Out


Maybelline Color Show Denims ~ Styled Out  
Denim Blue packed with silver shimmer


This is the first “Color Show” polish from Maybelline that I’ve tried on. I was so lucky to get the polish in a swap with Katee from "A Girl and her Polish". The blue looked promisingly good in the bottle – and I was curious to find out if the prettiness would transfer onto the nail.
.
The formula was simply fantastic. The polished just glided on, almost by itself, leaving absolutely no bald spots or streaks. This, my dear ladies, is one coat:


How about that? If all Maybellines have a formula like this one, you can count me as a regular costumer from now on! I love the way it looks too. It looks exactly as pretty on the nails as in the bottle. Score!

Stamping time! I used Bundle Monster’s plate BM212 and Konad’s white stamping polish. Here’s the result, sealed up under a coat of Poshé top coat:


I *love* the way that turned out!

I wasn’t finished though. :D I took Essence’s Color 3 in the color “City that never sleeps”. It’s a purple jelly base with green flakies. I only applied one coat of that, in order not to drown the stamping motive too much in flakies.

Here’s that final step:



And here’s a shot of how “City that never sleeps” looks like.



So, what do you think? I'm totally in love with that Maybelline. What a win!


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was very pleased with it myself.

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous :) - I think that blue might be very similar to P2 Indigo Denim...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only got a couple of P2 polishes, and Indigo Denim is not one of them, but it could be :)

      Delete
  3. This is so cool! I love the layering and the stamp design! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The flakies weren't in my mind to begin with, but I'm glad I remembered I had this bottle! :)

      Delete
  4. That flakie top coat is gorgeous! I'd love to see it by itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'd take the rest of the bottle to reach full opacity :) I've layered it over the polish that's on the other end of the bottle, here: http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/2012/04/essence-colour-3-midnight-date-and-city.html

      Delete