Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sinful Colors ~ Nail Junkie


Sinful Colors ~ Nail Junkie  
Light teal sheer base with different sizes glitter in blue, green and gold


I knew I wanted my own bottle of Nail Junkie since I first laid my eyes on it. I can’t remember where I saw it first, but every time I saw it, I just wanted it more.

I couldn’t find any online stores who had it that were willing to ship it overseas, and the prices on eBay are just ridiculous. There’s no way I’m willing to pay 10 or 15$ for a 2$ nail polish.

So I was thrilled when “A girl and her polish” offered me a swap, and even more thrilled when I realized that Nail Junkie was now within reach. Here’s a close up of the bottle, so you can see for yourself why I wanted this so badly:



This base colour is pretty sheer, and I won’t even try to guess how many coats it would take to make it opaque, so I decided to layer it. I chose my first Sephora polish as the base colour. It’s a dark teal crème called “Vintage Sweater”. It was totally opaque in one single coat. The formula was great; a bit on the thick side, but I actually like that. The brush is relatively big and flat and I find it very easy to work with.

Here’s one coat, no top coat yet:



Then I painted on two stripes with a white striper from Claire’s. I tried to make the stripes thin. I was better at that on my left hand, but never mind. Here’s that step; still no top coat.


 Then it was time for my precious Nail Junkie. The formula was great, and the glitter spread out evenly in one easy coat.

Here’s what the mani ended up looking like. It’s all sealed up with Seche Vite top coat.


And here’s a pic of the polishes I used.


I’m so glad that Nail Junkie is finally mine. I can’t wait to layer it over other polishes!! What do you think? Do you like it as much as I do?


Opacity: n/a/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
Buy again: Yes!

14 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, I like it!
    Actually I think it looks like Essence Choose Me in the bottle, but that is more of a heavy shimmer than a glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chunks of glitter are much bigger in Nail Junkie than in Choose me. I think I'll do a comparison between my sea coloured polishes at some point :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't think it would be this sheer but it's still nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should try and build it up to full opacity one day.

      Delete
  3. Lovely glitter and a nice mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks :) Allow me to thank you for picking it up to me! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It went straight into my top-something list of cool polishes for sure!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I'd like to see it over green too!

    ReplyDelete