Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Finger Paints ~ Brilliant Brushstrokes


Finger Paints ~ Brilliant Brushstrokes
Warm cherry red with golden microshimmer


Here’s another brand that I managed to get my hands on through a blog sale. I find it a very nice way to buy some stuff that isn’t easily available in my part of the world.

When I saw the actual bottle I thought that I bought something that wasn’t me at all. I didn’t realize that the microshimmer was golden when I bought it. I decided to give it a go anyway – I did pay for it after all. :D

I was very positively surprised. I’m not usually into golden tones, but I think this particular polish looks okay on my nails. The formula was great, btw. No problems at all with the application, and it took two coats to reach full opacity.

No top coat yet:


I decided to stamp on this. I wanted a ladybird design, so I picked polka dots from plate KD3 and a cute little ladybird from plate H22. I used a no name black stamping polish.



I stamped one ladybird on the ring finger and two on the thumbnail.

I used Poshé top coat, which usually doesn’t pull on my designs, but I can see that it did today anyways. Oh well.


What do you think? Do you like the ladybirds?

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No

28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's more golden than I'd usually go for.

      Delete
  2. I think this shade really suits you. And your nail art is cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. The nail art definitely helped me accept the shade more. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I can't wait to see the first real ladybug!!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty nail polish shade and I love the ladybird mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I was quite pleased with the ladybirds myself. Thanks! :D

      Delete
  5. Very pretty colour! Cute stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun mani! My husband calls these bugs "lady beetles".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's such a sweet name for them! I'll remember that. :)

      Delete
  7. Strange name, but the color is nice and I really like the ladybird design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wondered about the name too, it's weird! :)

      Delete
  8. Hello! = D
    Thank you for your visit and comment!
    The Disco Ball and very beautiful copy of Techno (China Glaze), is not it? ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! :)
      Yes, they look very much the same. I really like them both! ;D

      Delete
  9. I love the shade on you, and your artwork is very cute. Why would you not buy this again? Is it just the shade or the Fingerpaints brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the shade. The polish itself was very nice to work with, and I did in fact buy a couple of Finger Paint polishes, I just haven't tried on yet. :)

      Delete
  10. I love this! My niece would love the ladybugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the lady bugs would look good on her, for sure! :)

      Delete
  11. This is SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! I love gold shimmer, but I don't like yellow-toned reds. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete