Sunday, May 27, 2012

Iridescent glitters comparison

It's not a secret that I like shiny things - and shiny nail polish is no exception! That's probably the reason I love iridescent glitters so much. They can spice up any dull mani, IMO! I've got quite a lot of them by now, and I thought it would be fun to compare them. 

Here's first part of the collection:

Mac: Unconditionally Fabulous, China Glaze: Snow Globe, KIKO: 231
and here's the second part of the collection: 

Sally Hansen: Disco Ball, S-He: 110, Jesse's Girl: Opal Glitter,
ELF: Twinkle, Gosh: Magic Star, Max Factor: Extra Glitter
So that's the polishes we're looking at today. Pretty impressive, huh? 

I've heard that MAC and CG's Snow Globe are often compared, so it's not a coincidence that they're next to each other here. Let's have a look at the first three:

MAC, China Glaze, KIKO
There's no way any of these three are dupes. MAC is obviously much more blue in its base, and the glitters are more dense. China Glaze's base is more orange, and comes in second when it comes to density, plus it has large multicoloured hexagons. And KIKO is different than the two others - the base is more green, and the hexagons are more sparse. It's the least dense of the three. 

Next three up:
Sally Hansen, S-he, Jesse's Girl
These three are closer to each other than the first three. All three's most prominent colours are blue, green and orange. Sally Hansen has the smallest glitters, and Jesse's Girl is the least dense of the three. They are not dupes, but they're so close that you can only see the difference when they're seen next to each other, like here. 

Last three up:

ELF, Gosh, Max Factor
When I look at these, the main difference is that ELF looks more blue and orange in it's base, and Gosh and Max Factor are more green and orange. But you really have to look closely to see that. ELF is the one with the least glitter, and Gosh has the most of it.

Here's the whole bunch. As you can see they're all pretty close.

MAC, China Glaze, KIKO, Sally Hansen, S-he, Jesse's Girl, ELF, Gosh, Max Factor

And here's  a more blurry pic to show more of the glitter effect.

MAC, China Glaze, KIKO, Sally Hansen, S-he, Jesse's Girl, ELF, Gosh, Max Factor

My conclusion is that if you want different iridescent polishes, you really only need four of the nine.

I personally recommend that you get the MAC, the China Glaze and the KIKO. And then just one of the other six - I'd probably go for the Gosh myself, because of all the others it's the most glittery.

All swatches are made on a black creme base and with a Rimmel top coat. 

I hope you found this useful. Please feel free to comment below :)


19 comments:

  1. I like the mac and china glaze ones the most, they seem to be the most dense and chunky ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the most dense ones. Too bad that MAC is such an expensive brand. :)

      Delete
  2. Great comparison. I myself would probably go for the S-he one as here I can't really find the others or when I do they are a bit expensive for my taste. But I really like the China Glaze one as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And incidentally I bought my S-he in Hungary, isn't that funny? :)

      Delete
  3. Great comparison! I have only Kiko, but I like all of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them all as well, but it was fun to compare them this way :)

      Delete
  4. Great comparison post. I really should have ordered elf Twinkle when I made my last order from elf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that was super helpful. Thanks. I love the CG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad this could be of any help :)

      Delete
  6. Great comparison, and I agree, you need more iridescent polishes if you want to be able to more kinds of effects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I wouldn't know which ones to get rid of either. So I think I might as well just keep them all. :)

      Delete
  7. I can always send you Flormars... :) Just e mail me what you like... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got an email back and mash does not ship to Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tak for en fin sammenligning :) Har selv "Snow globe", og er rigtig tilfreds ;)

    ReplyDelete