Saturday, May 12, 2012

Jordana ~ Cosmic

Jordana ~ Cosmic
Clear base with small turquoise glitter and larger turquoise, green and silver glitter

I knew that this glitter was meant for layering. And I knew that the base colour had to be either extremely dark green, dark blue or black. I wanted to make this look its best, so I went with black. I chose Essence “Black is Back” which is a plain black crème, that applies easily, covers in one coat and dries fast. This could easily become my favourite black!

After that I applied a coat of the glitter:


It was easy to apply – the amount of glitter you see is from one dip in the bottle, so it’s quite dense. I don’t think I’d wear it alone though – I like the black peeking out from underneath, giving some depth to the Cosmic!

The pics show one coat over black and a layer of Seche Vite top coat over it.


I love the way this mani sparkles. I find myself staring at my nails all the time! :D Do you like it?


Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

24 comments:

  1. Yes! I really like it :-) I think layering it over black was a great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thank you! :) This is one of my cooler glitters :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! this is one of my fav glitters I have seen in a long time, stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice glitter, to bad I hate taking it off so much that I rarely use any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a pain, but I think it's totally worth the trouble :D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous is the first word, that comes to mind :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I'm so glad I got my hands on this glitter :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, I do like it very much! Perfect over the black cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't use black very often, but it was perfect as underwear for this.

      Delete
  6. I love this mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! I like combos of deep green and blue glitter. It makes the polish really deep. Works perfectly over the black base! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it's like a million bubbles underneath the water. I really like the effect. :)

      Delete
  8. This is stunning! I would love to get my hands on this but I don't think it's available in the UK :( I'd like to see it over a light base like mint or turquoise to see how it looks with the greens!

    http://maligreen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not available in Denmark either, that's what online shopping is for :D

      Delete
  9. I'm liking this glitter. I agree it looks best probably over the black good call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm more into dark colours, that's why I went with the black :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad that this is part of my nail polish collection.

      Delete
  11. This is a little to sparkly for me! It looks good on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks. I love the sparkliness. It's so me. :)

    ReplyDelete