Tuesday, May 22, 2012

China Glaze ~ Techno Teal

China Glaze ~ Techno Teal
Teal with a subtle scattered holographic effect

Techno Teal is from the Tronica Collection from spring 2011. I’ve read a lot of bad things about this collection – both that the colours are almost a copy of the OMG-collection, but also that the holographic effect was too subtle. I’ll get back to that.

The formula is different than any other polishes I’ve tried. It is kind of thick, but not in a bad way. The application was very difficult. What looked like a one coater suddenly wasn’t, because the brush would slowly pull on the already applied nail polish, creating huge bald spots. The second coat solved that problem completely, though. I love the colour; it suits my skin tone perfectly.

Here are two coats, no top coat:


I looked for the holo while twisting and turning my fingers, but I honestly couldn’t see it. The sun wasn’t out, so perhaps that was the problem. I decided to help the shimmer a bit, so I applied a coat of CND’s Sapphire Sparkle, which is a colour changing top coat. It works best on very dark colours, which get a… yes… sapphire sparkle to them.

This teal isn’t particularly dark, so it didn’t change the colour much, it mostly gave my mani a very sparkly purple shimmer. Here’s your pic of it:


I looked at it for a while, and then got my stamping gear out. I picked a stamping plate from Essence. Essence doesn’t give their plates numbers or anything, which is slightly weird. I used a silver stamping polish, also from Essence. Here’s the result, sealed up with a generous layer of Seche Vite top coat.


The verdict: 
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, swirls are always a win, if you ask me :)

      Delete
  2. Both the color and stamping are very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I might use that stamp again :)

      Delete
  3. It looks pretty, but yeah no holo effect. Love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had hoped for more holo, but I still like the colour :)

      Delete
  4. With or without holo - the color is great for you, andthe stamping looks lovely.
    It's so annoying tat Essence don't name their paltes somehow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't that just weird? I mean, not even a plain number!?

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty! I love your stamping :-) Silver and teal go so well together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. And teal really grows on me, I'm becoming more and more fond of it. :)

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous base color. It looks way pretty with the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty colour on its own, but you're right, not much holo to it. Great look with the top coat, and the stamping suits it brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I do what I can to make my polishes look the best they can! :)

      Delete