Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dare to Wear ~ Social Butterfly

Dare to Wear ~ Social Butterfly
Barbie pink with holographic glitters and bars

and

Funky Fingers ~ Burgandy Scales
Shimmery burgundy crackle 


I don’t wear this shade of pink very often, but all the holographic glitter made me give in and get myself a bottle of “Social Butterfly”.

The formula is quite thick but still very easy to work with. It wasn’t hard to paint to the edges of the nail without getting polish on the cuticles. It took two easy coats to get an opaque mani like this:


I don’t wear a top coat on this pic, because I wanted to put a crackle over it. After having added Funky Finger’s Burgandy Scales over the first nail, it was obvious that I would have to add a layer of top coat over the Social Butterfly polish before the crackle would actually work. (And yes, that is exactly how they spell ‘Burgandy’ on the bottle).

So - I put on a coat of Color Club’s top coat and waited for it to dry before applying the dark red crackle onto the remaining nine nails.

It’s been a while since I crackled. Not because I’m tired of it, because I’m way too early in my nail polish addiction to be tired of anything nail polish related yet :D but merely because I find it hard to make the polish crackle the way I want it to.

Anyway – here’s what it ended up looking like. There’s one layer of Color Club top coat on the crackle.


I am surprised over how much I like the colour combo. Barbie pink goes quite well with dark red.

Do you like it, or are you over crackles? Would you wear the pink alone? Or use the crackle over another colour? I appreciate your input! :)


Social Butterfly
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

Burgandy Scales
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: No

24 comments:

  1. Wow! I love Social Butterfly and would definitely wear it on its own :-)
    I'm still a fan of crackles and think this one goes well with the pink although I also think a silver crackle would look good with the pink. Very nice manicure :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have become quite fond of Dare to Wear's polishes. They make some really cool colours and glitters. :)
      I didn't think of silver crackle - but I think you're right, that it would work.

      Delete
  2. Kan virkelig godt li den første. Men er SÅ træt af crackle ;) men du gør det godt, må jeg indrømme :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg har simpelthen ikke cracklet nok til at være træt af det. Men jeg gør det nu heller ikke ret tit. :)
      Men tak! Det er jeg glad for, at du synes. :)

      Delete
  3. Social Butterfly looks gorgeous! Love the combo with crakcle also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never paired a glitter with a crackle.. it looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've done it a couple of times, and I quite like it. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice glitter, and I also like this combo :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour combination! I'm only new to blogging too so everything is still amazing to me haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still pretty much like that, so I know exactly what you mean :D

      Delete
  7. Looks great. & I like the colour combo of the crackle too :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice, I'm glad that I'm not the only one liking it :)

      Delete
  8. ooog these both look so pretty the crackle looks stunning too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Sicoal Butterfly :)

    I have to admit I'm over crackle, but this result looks nice. I wouldn't wear pink on it's own, but then again I never wear a polish without nail art, unless it's a magnetic LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crackling very often, but once in a while I think it's OK. :)
      I couldn't imagine you wearing a polish without something over it either! :D LOL

      Delete
  10. I love that crackle! Not over it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that. There's lots more polish in that bottle! :D

      Delete
  11. Very fun mani! I'm nowhere near done with crack.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am not a fan of the crack-sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be sorry at all. It is perfectly fine to have a different opinion. :)

      Delete