Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jordana ~ Purple Glam

Jordana ~ Purple Glam
Purple with holographic glitters and bars


Purple is my favourite colour when it comes to nail polish, that’s a fact. Another fact is that I’m just so into glitter. Jordana combined two of my likings in this fabulous polish!!

The formula was fine – application was pretty easy. The glitter spread out evenly without much of an effort. It took two coats to reach the desired opacity. The only negative aspect I can come up with about this polish is that it dries up with a rather gritty finish.

Here is what it looked like without top coat:


I really like that purple – and the glitter is holographic and pretty. It’s too bad that some of the holographic bars are “hiding” under the polish.

I had to do something with this mani. I was not in the mood for stamping, and the polish had glitter in it itself. So I found my Nfu Oh #63, which is a beautiful pale pink holographic. I made three dots on each nail and sealed it all up with a layer of Color Club’s top coat:


Here's my dotting tool. :D


Later I applied a second layer of top coat, but the mani simply remained gritty. Oh well!  


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

11 comments:

  1. Love that shade of purple and the nail art!!
    I like your improvised dotting tool. It gives nice big dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I really like this colour purple, and the improvised dotting tool was because I don't have one that make this big dots :D

      Delete
  2. I love this design! The colours work really well together :-) But it is a shame the glitter bars are hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't understand why the bars where so shy when the glitter wasn't! :)

      Delete
  3. Those bars do seem very shy; pity. I have lots of "dotting tools" like yours--just never thought to use them that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used that "dotting tool" because I didn't have a regular one as big as I wanted it :)

      Delete
  4. It's so annoying when Glitter dries super gritty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I'll just give it one layer of top coat, since extra ones don't make a difference, apparently. :D

      Delete
  5. EW, without top coat looks really gritty! I hate that! I do wish I could do dots though-very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, it *was* gritty indeed. It would have taken 3 or 4 layers of top coat to solve that problem.

      Delete