Saturday, June 16, 2012

Astor ~ 025 and Layla Ceramic Effect ~ CE55

Astor ~ 025
Red with golden shimmer

and

Layla Ceramic Effect ~ CE55
Clear base with multisized golden/cobber glitters


Astor is quite a nice brand in my opinion. It’s cheap, the quality is good and it comes in a large variety of colours. I don’t like that they don’t have names though. Numbers just aren’t the same! I bought 025 in Germany. The formula is good, the polish spreads out easily and it covers perfectly in two coats.

I’m not usually much into golden colours, but the gold in this shimmer is so fine and subtle that the polish on the nail actually shows as a rich shimmery red, the gold element isn’t really apparent. I was so lucky that the sun was out, so here’s a pic taken in the sun:

Isn’t that just an amazing red? I love it!

The pic taken indoors isn’t quite as “wow”, but it certainly shows that this polish is a classic.



Now we’re up for a bit of fun. I received Layla Ceramic Effect CE55 in a swap with lovely Elsa from Like a Candy Shop.  I was stunned when I first saw it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a glitter like it before. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to pull it off as a full mani, so I decided to sponge the tips with it. I need to practice my sponging technique and I thought this would be a great opportunity!

I gave the tips a layer, and topped it all with a generous layer of Poshé top coat.

The sun was still out, so here’s a pic taken in direct sunlight:




 And here’s all the pretty shinyness taken indoors:


I have to say that I absolutely love this. I’d wear this if I was going to a fancy party or something. I can still feel the bumps of the glitter despite the generous layer of top coat, but I don’t mind a bit of texture. 

So, what do you think? Does it work? Would you have used the Layla polish for a full mani?


Astor ~ 025
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes


Layla Ceramic Effect ~ CE55
Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.25/10
Buy again: Probably

18 comments:

  1. Det ser utroligt sødt og frestligt ud :)
    Har ikke nogen Astor selv endnu, men det skal jeg vist have kigget lidt nærmere på ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja det synes jeg, at du skal, for de laver nogle meget smukke farver til en absolut overkommelig pris. :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty look! The gold alone on all fingers would probably be a bit too much glitter, but then again, you can never have too much glitter, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right: There's no such thing as too much glitter! :D

      Delete
  3. Astor is really a great brand. I own two of their polishes and I think I really have to search for this red one. It is so beautiful. And for the glitter it is wow, and you did a great job with the sponge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this red, and I know it would look great on you!
      And thanks, I'm happy you like my sponging :)

      Delete
  4. Both polishes look pretty and I love the combination of these two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I took my time choosing the underwear for the glitter :)

      Delete
  5. Hvor er det bare et lækkert design! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glitter on the tips! I'm not a big fan of big glitter, but this looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete