Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NYX Girls ~ Dorothy

NYX Girls ~ Dorothy  
Blackened base with two sizes red glitter

Dorothy is another polish that has been sitting in my stash of untrieds for a while now. I was looking through my boxes of polish to find cool nail wear, and Dorothy almost waved up at me.

I decided to dive in and give her a try. I could see that it would take quite a lot of coats to reach opacity, so I used Essence “Black is Back” as underwear, which is a black crème. It’s opaque and looks great with just one coat, which makes it perfect as a base. And it dries quickly too!

Anyway – on to the NYX polish. The glitter spreads out nice’n easy; there was absolutely no need to push the glitters around on the nails.

Here’s how one coat over black looks:



I went for a second coat though – I wanted to achieve some depth in the mani. Drying time of the second coat was a bit on the slow side, but I managed to sit through patiently until the top coat was applied.

Here’s the pic of the finished mani. Two coats over black, plus one generous coat of Seche Vite top coat.


I must say that I really like this polish. Here’s a pic of the bottle. I mean, look at that glitter! Isn’t it just too pretty?


It was my plan to stamp on this, but I honestly didn’t have the heart! :D


Opacity: 4/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

23 comments:

  1. Haha, "Dorothy almost waved at me" :-)
    I love how this looks over black! It's stunning! I'm glad you didn't stamp over it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't seem appropriate to cover some of the prettiness with a stamp :)

      Delete
  2. OHMG I LOVE this one - it's almost alive somehow LOL
    Dorothy was a clever girl waving at you, she should do that more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorothy is a very lovely girl, and I hope she'll wave at me a lot! :D

      Delete
  3. I always wanted this NYX polish and I still want it. Really in love with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the same for me: I just knew I needed to have it :)

      Delete
  4. You were so right not to stamp over this! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's difficult to know when to stop, sometimes :D

      Delete
  5. I've been pining over this polish for awhile. I last time I ordered NXY I got it's sister polish, a black base with multi colored glitter. I wish I just bought this too! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So my guess is that it's on the wish list for next time you place an order at NYX's :)

      Delete
  6. I love this glitter it turned out really nice! I don't think I would have the heart to stamp over it either ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feel that way ;D

      Delete
  7. It's so gorgeous, if I were you I wouldn't have the heart as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cute. Would you say this is a dupe for DL Ruby Red Slippers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have that DL so I can't say for sure, but it looks pretty close when you look at pics of them. :)

      Delete
  9. I wish it were easier for me to get my hands on this brand--they have a lot of nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This is going on my to buy list! I just hope i'll find it here in my country. :) Following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cross my fingers for you and hope you'll find it :)

      Delete
  11. I have to be honest and say I really don't like this one-but you know I don't like glitter right???? HAHA! Except that Sephora one you have me obsessed with Silver Rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you hate glitter. That's why I'm ever so slowly try and turn you over by tempting you with Sephora and stuff! Hahah!!!

      Delete