Monday, June 25, 2012

Catrice ~ Marilyn and Me


Catrice ~ Marilyn and Me  
Red jelly base with glitter

I’ve been dying to try this polish on since I heard that sweet Tünde was going to send it to me in a swap. So when it finally arrived, I knew that it was going to be the first one I tried on, and I also knew what I wanted the mani to look like.

The formula of Catrice is great – I’ve never had a bad bottle from this company. I applied three coats of it. I think I could have done with two, but I wanted it to look its best, and besides, drying time was really good.
And the polish is soooo pretty! It’s in the same family as all the ruby footwear polishes, just with less glitter, and it’s kind of more jelly-ish than the others. I like it a lot!!


I used “Dare to wear” for the accent nails (thumb and ring finger), and I chose a holographic silver glitter called “Hologram Diamond”. I only applied two coats of that, since it’s a fairly dense glitter. I also know exactly how difficult that is going to be to get off, but I don’t mind. It’s totally worth the effort! I’ve never experienced chips from these glitter polishes from Dare to Wear. Awesome polishes indeed! 



 Then I stamped on the red nails. I used Mash plate number 38 and stamped with Essence “Stamp me! Silver” stampy polish. It’s my favourite silver stamping polish of all times. I’ve used half a bottle already!! O_o


In case you wonder what I used for the red hearts on the accent nails… No, it’s not a stamp, it’s a sticker! I found these glittery hearts in my local Accessorize shop. They’re not made for nails, but I thought I’d give them a go anyway!

 
It worked for a little while with the hearts, then the top coat dissolved the glue, and they fell off. Ah well, such is life sometimes, and the mani also looked cool without them!


I call this mani “Heartbeats” btw. Do you like it?



Catrice ~ Marilyn and Me 
Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

Dare to Wear ~ Hologram Diamond 
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9.5/10
Buy again: Yes

35 comments:

  1. Catrise polish looks pretty! The mani you did looks very cool and unique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I was very pleased with it myself :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, This mani looks amazing! Good job again. I am really happy you like Marilyn & Me. One of my favorites but tend to wear them only on special occasion, don't know why :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm really glad you like it! Thanks again for picking it for me - it's perfect! :)

      Delete
  3. This is such an awesome design! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so nice when things work out the right way ♥

      Delete
  5. Ooh that is such a gorgeous mani!! I love the design and the accent nail is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love when it looks like I planned! :)

      Delete
  6. The nail art is AMAZING!!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice colour and the heart is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I *loved* the idea with the heart :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you - I love it when it looks like I wanted it to to begin with!

      Delete
  9. Aaah, I love this mani, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute - and I just came back from a long shopping trip to Germany where I bought Marilyn & Me - gorgeous color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence! :D And I'm sure it's going to look great on you!! :)

      Delete
  11. That holo polish is gorgeous! I love the hearts and heartbeat lines you added! It's perfect for something like Valentine's Day!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I'll remember that till next year :)

      Delete
  12. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Such a great idea and the color/finish combination!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh! :") Thank you, I really appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  13. I own this Catrice polish too and I really like it :) This manicure is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm not surprised that you own this one! :)

      Delete
  14. This is so well-composed - I love it!

    ReplyDelete