Saturday, June 2, 2012

H&M ~ Moody Model with dots


H&M ~ Moody Model
Dark, dusty teal crème


I’ve had this H&M polish sitting in my stash, untried, for months now. It’s not because I don’t like the colour as such (although true, it’s not totally my style), but because it’s a crème. I’m just more into shimmers, glitters and other sparkly stuff. But: I was in the mood to play a bit, so I decided to use this dark teal as my base.

The application was a teeny bit on the tricky side because of the relatively thin brush. It would have been nice with a slightly bigger, flatter brush so I didn’t have to dip into the bottle for more polish a couple of times for each and every nail. But - I managed to get my two coats on in the end.

The polish actually covered nice and dried fast, and here’s a pic of how it looks without a top coat:


Nice base for something else, don’t you think?

So. I looked in my stash for something appropriate, and ended up with Nfu Oh’s 61, which is beautiful holographic silver. With a dotting tool I made four dots on each nail, in diminishing sizes from top to bottom. I used the same size dotting tool for all the dots.

Here’s that step:


It still wasn’t enough though – there’s still so much of the crème visible. :D I found my beloved MAC “Unconditionally Fabulous”, which is a multi-coloured iridescent glitter with both circular and hexagonal shapes, floating in a sheer jelly. It’s almost like China Glaze’s “Snow Globe”, just better! It can seriously spice up any manicure you wish to throw it at!

OK. Enough with the talking. Let’s move to how it actually looks:


Isn’t that just unconditionally fabulous? :D


H&M ~ Moody Model
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty mani! Love the dots and the layering with glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I find the glitter perfect for this mani!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! The Mac polish looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mac is a pretty amazing glitter. It's usable on pretty much everything.

      Delete
  3. I love holo dots. This came out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!!! Love the dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Dots are great to spice up a mani with. :)

      Delete
  5. This is really pretty! Nice combo!

    ReplyDelete