Sunday, June 3, 2012

My first jelly sandwich

Jesse’s Girl goes to the Circus
- my first jelly sandwich


I read quite a lot of nail blogs, because I find them interesting and also because I find them inspiring. Quite a lot of bloggers have made what they call a jelly sandwich. The first couple of times I saw that expression it puzzled me. But now I know that it’s a layered mani – first a jelly polish, then a layer of glitter, and then the jelly polish again. I wanted to try that!

I don’t have many jellies in my stash, but I found this “Jesse’s Girl” polish called Magenta, which is exactly that, with the addition of tiny glass flecks, that make it extremely shimmery.

Let me show you the finished result first:


It’s basically one layer of Jesse’s Girl on first. It’s a pretty good jelly. It’s relatively opaque, the formula is nice to work with and it’s a fast dry polish, which I absolutely love. I decided to go with just one coat of that for underwear. Here’s what that looks like:


I like this magenta. If I should wear it on its own I would have gone for two coats, but we have a couple of more layers to go to erase the visible nail line.

Then it was time for the glitter. I chose Essence’s Special Effect topper called “Circus Confetti”. It’s a multicoloured glitter in a clear base. There’s heaps of glitter in this topper, and it spreads out easily. Here’s one coat of glitter over the magenta:


That looks pretty neat IMO. And after that I covered it all up with an additional layer of Jesse’s Girl, and the jelly sandwich is finished. Here’s another pic of it.


I’m not really sure how much I like this mani, so please tell me your honest opinion in the comments below.  


26 comments:

  1. Hmm det er sgu ikke mig. Ikke fordi det ikke er pænt, men ligesom bare for mat til min smag. Please dont hate :) du ved jeg elsker glimmer ;) billeder med 2 lag e jeg selvfølgelig helt vild med! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg hater ikke - og da slet ikke på dig! :) Jeg har det selv lidt ligesådan. Jeg var helt vild med glimmeret ovenpå den røde. Men det druknede for meget, da der kom endnu et lag rødt på. Men jeg var nødt til at prøve, efter alt det hype der har været omkring jelly sandwiches. :)

      Delete
    2. - og forresten så foretrækker jeg, at folk er ærlige i deres kommentarer. Man behøver jo ikke at kunne li' alt hvad man ser. Det kan jeg heller ikke selv. Det vigtigste er, at sige tingene på en ordentlig måde, synes jeg. :)

      Delete
  2. Jeg tror en top coat som f.eks. Seche Vite ville have gjort det sidste, som du savner, jeg synes nu absolut der er mange spændende ting i den :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det kan godt være, at du har ret. Måske skulle jeg have givet den to lag før glimmeret. Og måske skulle det øverste lag have været en smule mere gennemsigtigt. :)

      Delete
    2. Tror Maria har helt ret! :)

      Delete
    3. Måske prøver jeg igen en dag. Måske! :D
      Jeg kan altså godt li' når man rigtigt kan se glimmeret. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the result and I think I should try to do jelly sandwich, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do that. I'll check it out when you do, and let you know what I think :)

      Delete
  4. Nice glitter Sammy. Pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Circus Confetti" is such a pretty polish! I love the jelly effect, and I really like the way the glitter you picked for yours shines both light and dark under the top layer. Those green/blue glitter pieces give it some nice depth/texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at "Circus Confetti" again today and considered to put it on my iSwap-list. But I decided to keep it just a little longer, because it's so pretty.
      Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them. :)

      Delete
  6. For me I think the red is too dark and doesn't show off the glitter at that well for my liking. But that's just me :) I prefer doing them with more sheer colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean! I really liked it until the third coat covered it all though :)

      Delete
  7. The result is gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!! I should try it too, but I don't have many jellies either. But I'm sure I'll find at least one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason that I don't own many jellies is that I like opaque polishes :)

      Delete
  9. This essence topper is beautiful and I also have it in my collection, but process of getting rid of it is tormenting, how do you cope with it?

    ReplyDelete