Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sparitual ~ Drop Dead Gorgeous


Sparitual ~ Drop Dead Gorgeous  
Magenta infused with purple shimmer

meets

Model’s Own ~ Juicy Jules
Clear base packed with holographic glitter


This is my first and so far only Sparitula polish. They are a bit pricey here, so I haven’t really been tempted to try them out. But then my local drugstore had 25% off on nail polish. Ha – I knew I had to own “Drop Dead Gorgeous” when I saw it. It’s a deep magenta, stunningly beautiful in the bottle.

Formula was OK, but the brush was a bit thin for my likings. I had to dip the brush twice for each nail, and I don’t like that very much. It applied easily though, and the prettiness in the bottle did actually transfer onto the nail. Hurray!

Here’s two coats, no top coat yet:


You know me better than to think I could leave it like that, don’t you? I have just bought Models Own’s “Juicy Jules”, which I thought I’d try out.

The formula was great, like all the other Models Own polishes that I’ve tried. And the holographic glitter was so much denser than I thought it would be.

Here’s one coat of Juicy Jules over the Drop Dead Gorgeous, covered with one layer of Seche Vite top coat.


Here’s a blurry pic to show the prettiness of the holo!


I must admit that this wasn’t at all what I expected it to be. The glitter is way more dense than expected, and takes away all the attention from the pretty magenta. I have to figure out which manis this glitter works best with. Perhaps sponging?


Sparitula ~ Drop Dead Gorgeous 
Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

Model’s Own ~ Juicy Jules
Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love them both. But I won't wear them together again :)

      Delete
  2. Drop Dead Gorgeous is a very appropriate name for this polish - Looks great with and without the glitter layering :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with the name of that Sparitual! It suits the polish just perfectly :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, wow, wow. I can't say more. I Love Drop Dead Gorgeous, it is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how it turned out! (even if it takes away some attention from the magenta ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to figure out some good manis for that glitter, because that magenta seriously rock! ;D

      Delete
  5. olmg that glitter is awesome! i want it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I was pretty stunned by it :D

      Delete
  6. oooh pretty! JJ is one of my fav glitters :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? :D I might have to try and wear it on its own Xx

      Delete
  7. I love that base color! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that top coat! And that's a perfect color to put it over!

    ReplyDelete