Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nail Mail from Elsa

Another nail mail post! I just love these posts!!

I did a swap with Elsa from "Like a Candy Shop", who lives in Italy. I must admit that I had been looking very much forward to this swap, because I didn't really know what to expect. I don't know which polishes they sell in Italy, but I was sure she would send something pretty, because I had seen all the beauties on her blog. 

But when the mail man finally arrived, I got very disappointed. Not because of what she sent - but because this is what the envelope looked like: 


Someone had cut the envelope open! And I knew that there was 6 polishes on the way to me, so I was very disappointed to find that there were only 4 polishes in the envelope! I wish no good for people who steal nail polishes!!

But anyway. Here's what the remaining four looked like, all wrapped up nicely:


I unwrapped them eagerly, and I was thrilled to see what it was: 

Catrice: Dirty Berry, debbY: Color Play 80, Kiko: 277 and 341.

I love them all! And Elsa has been so kind to promise me to re-send the two missing polishes, which I obvioulsy don't know what is, but I'm sure they're just as gorgeous!

So thanks, Elsa, for doing this swap with me! <3

17 comments:

  1. What a nice swap, but how very annoying that the envelope was open. Normally Post Danmark do tape letters/shipments if they are torn open....
    But the 4 that made it are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was devastated when I saw the envelope. I've received so many polishes in the mail, and this has never happened before. I've had a few incidents with broken bottles, but never bottles that have disappeared. :/
      I know about the gorgeousness! I'm thrilled :)

      Delete
  2. I thought that such things could happen only in my country :D.
    But anyway, this 4 polishes looks very interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never experienced that *something* was missing from my mails. If something was missing, it's been the entire mail, but it's been so long since that happened, that it doesn't really count anymore :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, these polishes are great, but what a steal! Ok, it happened to me too that the package was opened and checked, but I always got everything. Shame on people who steal nail polishes!! =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only experienced that customs opened packages, but I never experienced that they took anything, and they've always sealed the packages back up with some special tape, to show who opened it.
      I agree: Shame on people who steal!! >:/

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Dirty Berry!!!! It's one of my favorite nail polishes. The colors is just so amazing and facinating :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great polishes! sad story about the missing ones :(
    My sister owns Dirty Berry and it looks so great on her. One day I will try it out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you can borrow it from your sister and try it out on yourself before you buy it? :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah that's what I am planning to do :) We share polishes sometimes :)

      Delete
    3. It must be cool to have a sister. I only have a brother, but he doesn't wear nail polish as far as I've seen :D

      Delete
    4. It is cool to have a sister, I can't imagine my life without her :D
      That would be weird if your brother wore nail polish :)

      Delete
    5. Haha, yes, it would be weird indeed! :D
      And also because he's a tall, big guy, not the least feminine at all! :D

      Delete