Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wet n Wild Rock Solid ~ Timeless Red


Wet n Wild Rock Solid ~ Timeless Red
Burgundy red with shimmer

We’re usually only able to buy the boring Wet n Wild polishes here, almost never the cool glitters and stuff. And it’s also the first time I’ve seen “Rock Solid” in the supermarkets. Alice Snow bought this one for me, knowing that I like reds and shimmers, and this is both.

Formula is a bit on the weird side. After the first coat I though that this would need about 4-5 coats to reach full opacity, but the second coat pretty much sorted out all the bald spots.

Here’s what it looks like with two coats, and no top coat:


If I was going to wear it on its own I would probably have applied a third coat, just to enhance the depth of it. But I knew I wanted to put glitter on it, so I stopped after two coats.

The glitter I chose is Kleancolor’s “Party Fever”, which is a clear base packed with tiny red glitters and larger turquoise, magenta and silver hexagons. The formula is thick and I needed to push the glitter around on the nails a bit to spread it out. Drying time is alo on the slow side, but I forgive the polish since it’s so pretty.

Here’s one coat over the Wet n Wild, plus a layer of Poshé top coat:


I quite like it – but what do you think?


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No

16 comments:

  1. i love the color! i adore it even more with that glitter!:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like a good glitter to spice things up! :D

      Delete
  2. I like the layering the best, but both are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glitters! This layering is really great, let's say: again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it. It's like the name says - timeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the kind of colour that you just need to have in your collection, imo :)

      Delete
  5. I love this with the glitter on top. Very festive! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. That's also how I like it the best, but that's just a result of being a glitter girl :D

      Delete
  7. Beautiful combo!

    ReplyDelete