Saturday, June 23, 2012

OPI ~ Happy Anniversary


OPI ~ Happy Anniversary  
Ultra shimmering white


I have a love/hate relationship with OPI. Most of the times I think its formula sucks and the colours are no more than average. But sometimes they come up with an amazing colour, and sometimes the formula is actually OK.

I don’t wear whites very often, but oh, the shimmer of Happy Anniversary! I just had to have it.

Once I actually got it, it was like the magic spell had been broken. Yeah, it’s nice, but is it really *that* nice? I’m not sure, and the fact remains that it sat in my stash of untrieds for quite a while.

Anyway – it’s out in the open for today’s mani. OK then: The formula on Happy Anniversary sucks. Quelle surprise! It’s thin and runny and sheer – everything I hate in a polish. I guess it looks alright once it’s on though – but it takes at least three coats to get opaque. And drying time is definitely on the boring side. In fact, even though it feels dry, you can’t trust that it is. I applied three coats, and waited like forever between each coat, and it *still* wasn’t dry. Grrr!!

Anyway! Here it is – three coats, no top coat:


Then I found a red striper with glitter from NYX called “Ink nail art” in the colour “red glitter”. I made stripes on each nail. My intention was to make it look like peppermint hard candy. :)

Still no top coat:


I applied one layer of China Glaze “Fairy Dust” for extra shimmer, and a layer of Seche Vite top coat, and here’s the final result:


Here are the polishes I used to create this mani:


Do you like it? I’m quite fond of this mani myself, and I have in fact made it before – but that was before I started blogging, and with other polishes. :)


OPI ~ Happy Anniversary  
Opacity: 3/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 4/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 4/10
Buy again: No!

18 comments:

  1. LOL poor little polish - but you are right, those things are annoying.
    The stripes made this really cute tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm totally upset with polishes that won't dry, LOL!
      I like it with the stripes, but perhaps that OPI shouldn't be living with me...

      Delete
  2. This OPI polish looks very pretty. The mani with stripes reminds me of Christmas :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Haha, yes, those candy canes some people put on the Christmas tree, right? :D

      Delete
  3. I didn't like this mani only with OPI, but with the red it was getting better and finally you added the China Glaze polish and turned out to be fantastic. :) Love the final result :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I always try to add something more if I'm not totally satisfied with my mani :)

      Delete
  4. Candy! Det ligner jo slik!! :) Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg tænkte på pebermyntebolsjer da jeg lavede disse negle. Mums! :) Og tak!! :)

      Delete
  5. I like it on it's own but the stripes are such a pretty addition to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd wear it on its own, I need some colour to spice it up and give it wow-effect! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm usually not an OPI fan either. This looks like peppermint candy! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my mission is complete then! :)

      Delete
  7. I like it with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute mani but I agree with you 100% about the love/hate with OPI. I fell in love with Fiercely Fiona in the bottle but I loath putting it on so it has essentially become an $8 paper weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's a funny way of putting it! I like that!
      I've got quite a few paper weights by now. Unfortunately they're even more expensive here - normal price is $22! *faints*

      Delete
  9. I love the end result, the stripes made quite a difference. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they did, didn't they :) Thank you so much :)

      Delete