Tuesday, June 5, 2012

L. A. Colors ~ Treasure Island


L. A. Colors “Color Craze” ~ Treasure Island
Clear base with green and teal micro glitter


After my little jelly sandwich experience yesterday, I wanted to apply something to my nails that I knew for sure I would love. I went for an L. A. Color Craze polish named “Treasure Island”. It’s a beautiful green and teal glitter, which is definitely meant for layering. My guess is that it’d take about seven coats to make it opaque.

The formula is easy to work with; the glitter spreads out evenly without any effort at all. Nice.

Here’s one coat over L. A. Colors “Voodoo”:


And here’s a blurry pic to show you how pretty the glitter is:


Voodoo, which I layered it over, is a lovely dark, shimmery green. I’ve posted about it before, here. I claimed that it could be a one coater, and I did indeed only use one coat of Voodoo for underwear this time. Here’s your pic:


I think that Voodoo and Treasure Island must be sisters, and they’re such a pretty pair!


I like this mani a lot. It’s definitely not the last time that Treasure Island will be let out of the box.

What do you think? Do you own any L. A. Color polishes?


Opacity: N/A/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

19 comments:

  1. I don't really go for green polishes, but these 2 look great. Especially Treasure Island :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure Island is a treasure for sure. I really like the fine glitter in it. At some point I might try to make it opaque on its own. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous layering, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. It's nice with some polishes that you just know you're going to love :)

      Delete
  4. Rigtig fint! Og nej desværre :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just knew they were going to work together! :)

      Delete
  6. Great combination! I have this glitter (and other from this brand) but not the base color you used. I can't seem to resist glitters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean. I *love* glitters! :)

      Delete
  7. This is one of the prettiest and best layered manis I have seen. This is indeed one of my favorite colors (teal) and you did such a beautiful job with it. You may have just inspired me....^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you so much, that is so nice to hear! I think I just swooned! <3

      Delete