Friday, June 8, 2012

Orly ~ Grave Mistake

Orly ~ Grave Mistake  
Dark, vampy red crème


Grave Mistake is from the recent Orly ‘Dark Shadows’ Collection inspired by the Tim Burton movie Dark Shadows. I can’t wait to see that movie – it looks like great fun! I got this beauty from Katee from "A Girl and her Polish" in a swap :)

Anyway – the formula was great, like with most of the Orlys I’ve tried. It took two easy coats to reach desired opacity, and I had no problems with streaks or bald spots at all.

Here’s what it looked like without top coat:


Amazingly shiny! I really like this vampy red!

Then I applied one coat of NYC Big City Dazzle. It’s a glittery topcoat: Clear base with blue, magenta, red and silver glitter in it.

Here’s one coat over the Grave Mistake:


I decided to apply a second coat of the glitter to bling it up a bit more. That was a good idea – it looked so much better with the extra glitters. And the cool thing is that this is really a top coat, so it dries up completely smooth, so no additioncal top coat is needed.

So here’s two coats of Grave Mistake and two coats of Big City Dazzle:


I quite like this glitter. It ads a bit of bling to the mani without taking it over completely. :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

21 comments:

  1. Great glitter layering. On its own though, it is definitely a lovely vampy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's vampy for sure. If I ever get invited to a vampire inspired event again, I'll definitely have this in mind.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful red color and great combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glitter really compliments the dark vampy color well - looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad that I thought of this combination :)

      Delete
  4. Not to sure about the color of the polish. But the movie is really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just nice that there are so many different colours that we don't have to always like the same ones? :)

      Delete
  5. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of "vampy" colours. :P But I saw the movie a few weeks ago. It's really funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to watch that movie soon while it's still in the cinema! :)

      Delete
  6. It's super cool that this glitter doesn't need a top coat :). Nice combo, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was such an extra bonus that I didn't need to add topcoat "again" :) And thank you :)

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous! The NYC looks really great on top of it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, Grave Mistake is so gorgeous and lush all by itself, but it looks fantastic with Big City Dazzle. Awesome combination! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so pleased that I got that topper. I think it can be used for a lot of things :)

      Delete
  9. I knew I should have gotten this one! But I figured I probably had a similar red! Looks so gorgeous! I am 1000 posts behind-so hopefully I can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This polish is so you! There's still time to get it! :)

      Delete