Sunday, June 17, 2012

Misa turns into "My Bonnie is over the Ocean"

My Bonnie is over the ocean
- Or: Misa meets B.O. and Sinful Colors


This day, I was in the mood for layering! I had this beautiful Misa polish “Like it like that” sitting in my stash of untrieds, and I wanted to try it on. It’s a bright metallic green with blue duochrome.

The formula is great, like all the other Misa polishes I own. It took two easy coats to reach full opacity, and I must say that I could easily fall in love with this green! Drying time is on the fast side, and I didn’t have any problems with streaks or bald spots.

Here it is – without top coat:


Isn’t it just lovely?

Now for the second layer: I chose a clear base packed with silver glitter in various sizes. It requires a bit of fishing to arrange the biggest chunks of glitter on the nails, but it’s totally worth the effort if you ask me. The thing that puzzles me the most about this glitter is the smell of it. It smells like weird glue! :D

Here’s that step, still no top coat:


Now for the final step – a Sinful Colors polish called “Green Ocean”. It’s a light green jelly base packed with green and light blue glitter and flakes. The formula is on the thick side, but it’s easy to apply nonetheless. When it gets a bit older it might need a little thinning, but right now it’s manageable.

After a generous layer of Seche Vite top coat, my mani was finished.

Let me introduce to you: My Bonnie is over the ocean:


Here’s a close up to show you what’s going on on my nails:


And here’s the picture of the polishes I used:



So, do you like this layering? How well do you think the blue and the green go together? Is it alright to actually name your manis?

34 comments:

  1. The result looks very pretty! I like this layering a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pleased with how this turned out myself. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww, that is pretty - and I love that green Misa, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like the Misa myself. It's sooo pretty :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, you can probably see that I agree with you :)

      Delete
  4. I am not really keen on green polishes, bit this is great. I am totally in love with the Sinful Colors polish :) Love the full mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm becoming more and more fond of green, and that Sinful Color is just a fantastic layering polish :)

      Delete
  5. That is fabulous! Love the colours and the title :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks a bunch, I'm happy you like it! :D

      Delete
  6. thats look gorgeous i like the color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was so pleased with the mix of green and teal myself :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's fun to layer polishes like that :)

      Delete
  8. Uhm, elsker glitter og glimmer!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost got this Misa a little while ago! Now I wish I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous combination, the glitter makes everything more intense, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you back - I've been looking for you! X

      Delete
  11. soo gorgeous i love this, i love green ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm happy to have it in my stash! :)

      Delete
  12. that's so cute! as i'm reading blogs, i'm letting "ocean breeze" by revlon dry...and i was thinking it could use a coat of silver glitter LOL btw, i'm having a $50 gift card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These glitters are bigger than I'd usually go for, but I got to like this :)

      Delete
  13. I love this with the glitters on top, it's all so pretty together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This was one of my better layering days :)

      Delete
  14. I would have just done the flakie over the base color-but you know me, I don't do glitter! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, just like you don't do pinks! HAHAHAHAHA! :D

      Delete
  15. So pretty! And then with the flakies, and the glittaahh! Oof! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I love some great glitter! <3

      Delete