Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sponging with Barielle


Hi girls,

Do you know the feeling of having this fantastic idea for a great manicure in your head and also knowing exactly how to make it; but when you actually do it, the mani just doesn’t turn out the way you wanted and imagined it to be?

That’s how it was with this mani. I wanted to sponge silvery grey onto an electric blue and create a line of silver diagonally in the blue. This time I taped my fingers, because I do remember the horrible work of clean up last time I sponged.

I chose two Barielle polishes: Granite Glitter (which has got nothing to do with glitter) and Sky’s the Limit, which is a shimmery blue.

The line didn’t get as prominent as I wanted it to. Here’s how it looked:


Cleanup was easier, but still pretty difficult. The blue didn’t seem to want to let go of the corners of my nails and cuticles. Grrr!

Next step up was to add some stars and some extra shine. I used B. O. number 68 for that. I love that glitter because there’s so many stars in it and so much glitter. It’s *so* me!

Here’s how the final mani ended up looking. There’s one coat of Seche Vite on:



And here’s a pic of the bottles I used:




This was so not what I expected it to be! And I dented two nails pretty badly shortly after, so this didn’t stay on for very long.  

What do you think of this? Do you think it works? 

17 comments:

  1. I think of a galaxy mani, when I see it, so yes, I think it does :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I wanted it to look like, so hooray and thanks for recognizing it!!! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I have a blog post scheduled with the same intro! This is so funny! Because YES, I do have that when I see a mani in my head and it's awesome, but then when I make it it's not so awesome anymore. I had that yesterday, so terrible... I feel your pain :-p hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's nice that I'm at least not the only one! :D Haha!!!
      Something that look and sound pretty simple in my head, can be so terrible difficult and hard when I actually have to do it! Argh! :D

      Delete
  3. I know that feeling, and also that feeling when I just want to create something and end up with a simple mani, just a beautiful color, because I don't want to ruin it :) Maybe that's why I never do nail art :)
    I loved how it turned out, especially the star glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really like that star glitter topper :)
      I should perhaps do as you: Keep it simple. But when I see beautifully painted nails in just one colour, I want to do something more. More colours, more pattern, more glitter :D

      Delete
  4. That is brilliant! The stars are so adorable and such a nice touch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      I hope it's true what they say that practice makes better though :)

      Delete
  5. This is awesome! I love love love the star glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to swoon soon. :) Thank you! :)

      Delete
  6. I really like this mani both with glitter and without!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the stars make it work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That star glitter is such a mani-saver! :D Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. gorgeous gradient , i love the stars! :)

    ReplyDelete