Sunday, June 9, 2013

BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez



BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez
Seablue jelly base with glitter

I’ve been wanting to try BB Couture for a while, and now I’ve finally got my hands on two of them. Sea of Cortez is the first one I try on.

"Sea of Cortez" is from BB Couture's Spring 2009 Collection.

The formula is a bit on the thin side – and it’s pretty sheer too. It took three coats to make it look reasonable, and a fourth would probably have made it perfect, but hey, I’m not that patient, really! The drying time is average, so I found it very boring to sit through three layers of polish. Talk about watching paint dry! :D

Anyway, it’s a pretty polish – I love this shade of blue, and I am obviously in love with the glitter! Here’s what two coats, and no top coat look like:



BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez
BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez


I think Sea of Cortez is a great name – this colour and finish remind me so much of water and the deep, blue sea:


BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez
BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez


I wasn’t seriously impressed with this polish on its own though, so I decided to add some more glitter! I applied a layer of Alix Avien #110. It’s a fantastic glitter that can make pretty much any mani way prettier! It’s a mix of various sizes of holographic glitter.

Here’s what the mani ended up looking like:


BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez


The sun had gone down so the holo glitter got a little bit shy but I love it anyway:


BB Couture ~ Sea of Cortez
Add caption


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. Glitter fixes everything! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few BB Coutures myself, but not Sea of Cortez though I've had my eye on it for a while - now I seriously doubt my sanity for not buying it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, I couldn't resist this colour when I saw it.

      Delete
  3. I think it's very pretty with the Alix glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous combination. I'm a sucker for a bit of glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if you layered it with a blue cream it could work? But I do like it with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely try and layer it over something, because I don't want it to just sit there :)

      Delete
  6. I would call it a mermaid manicure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful color, and I love the glitters you added on top! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That glitter is extremely useful. Thank you :)

      Delete