Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pastel ~ 144 with Golden Rose Holiday ~ 52


Pastel ~ 144
Baby pink crème

I know that a lot of you would like to see me wear pastels – at least some of you said so when I showed you my latest Turkish haul from my friend Aylin from Posh Nail Art. Well, your wish is my command so here’s the first ones of the pastel Pastels. Confused much? The brand is called Pastel too :D

Anyway – I’m not used to using colours like this, so I was afraid that it was going to take layer after layer to get this opaque. Well, it didn’t! It took two layers, and the formula was just great, the second layer of polish was pretty much self-levelling. And the drying time was good too. So this lived up to the quality I’ve learned to expect from Pastel!

Without further talking, here’s a picture of two coats of #144, no topcoat. The picture is taken in daylight, with no direct sunshine.


That doesn’t look that bad on me, I don’t think! But please don’t hesitate to tell me what you think!!

I sponged on it! I used a Golden Rose textured polish from their Holiday collection, called #52. It’s a pink base with pink and silver glitters in it. I sponged a striped down the middle of my nails. I didn’t apply topcoat, because I wanted it exactly like this: 


These two pictures are also taken in daylight.


I have to admit that I really like this. I would never wear the pink pastel on its own, but it is such a great base for nail art and suchlike!


Please tell me what you think of this. And tell me if you think that this pink looks OK on me! :)


Pastel ~ 144
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love this shade, so lovely! And I think it suits your nails just amazingly :)) Such a pity you don't feel good wearing more pastels^^ The GR nail polishes are really amazing, I have quite a lot of them in my collection, sadly these pastel and textured range aren't here yet. Hope they will come one day *-* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cross my fingers that the textured and the pastels will show up in stores near you soon :)
      And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them! :)

      Delete
  2. This pink pastel looks very pretty and I love the combo with glitter polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I like the rough look that the texture adds to the mani :)

      Delete
  3. I think the pinks looked awsome on your nails... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pink suits your skin very well! I like this a lot on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more than pleased to hear it,thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. If I just saw the photos I would think: Lovely - but LOL knowing you and what you normally like, I almost fall of my chair ;) - but it's still lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'm still more into darker colours, but once in a while it's nice to push yourself a bit, you know ;)

      Delete