Monday, June 17, 2013

Pretty Serious ~ Galaxy Invader



Pretty Serious ~ Galaxy Invader
Blue/purple duochromatic shimmer

This is my second “Pretty Serious” polish ever, and I just knew I had to have it from the first time I laid eyes on it! It’s blue, it’s purple and it’s shimmery – I don’t know what more to ask of a polish really, if I can’t ask for holographic!

The formula is really good, although I was a little bit worried about it being sheer. I considered layering it, but I saw other bloggers state that it’s a two coater, and sometimes the first layer doesn’t really tell the whole story. It simply wasn’t enough with two coats though - it took three to make it look really good. Fortunately the drying time was really good, so I didn’t mind the three coats that much. This, ladies, is so pretty that no pictures do it justice.

Allow me to try anyway. Here are three coats, no top coat: 


Isn’t that duochrome just delicious?!
Here’s a shot from a different angle:


This picture is showing how the polish looks most of the time; shimmery blue:


I didn’t feel like doing a lot with this, so I simply applied a layer of Revlon’s “Star”, which is silver and holographic glitter in various sizes, in a slightly dark toned base. The toned base makes Galaxy Invader show darker, which I don’t mind at all:


I find this glitter great with Galaxy Invader, because the mani now reminds me of a summer evening sky :)


This is probably not going to be my last Pretty Serious polish. I like the quality, and I love lots of the colours and finishes they come in. How about you – is this a brand you know?


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani from every angle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great on you! Hadn't heard of this brand before but I'm glad the quality seems to be good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that's so gorgeous! I love the color shift in there! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that I'm impressed with the colourshift too :)

      Delete
  4. I'm freaking jealous here! That is all I have to say besides Kisses! lool,

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm so glad that this pretty polish is mine! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty blue! I have two of their polish and just love them!

    ReplyDelete