Monday, June 17, 2013

Pretty Serious ~ Galaxy Invader



Pretty Serious ~ Galaxy Invader
Blue/purple duochromatic shimmer

This is my second “Pretty Serious” polish ever, and I just knew I had to have it from the first time I laid eyes on it! It’s blue, it’s purple and it’s shimmery – I don’t know what more to ask of a polish really, if I can’t ask for holographic!

The formula is really good, although I was a little bit worried about it being sheer. I considered layering it, but I saw other bloggers state that it’s a two coater, and sometimes the first layer doesn’t really tell the whole story. It simply wasn’t enough with two coats though - it took three to make it look really good. Fortunately the drying time was really good, so I didn’t mind the three coats that much. This, ladies, is so pretty that no pictures do it justice.

Allow me to try anyway. Here are three coats, no top coat: 


Isn’t that duochrome just delicious?!
Here’s a shot from a different angle:


This picture is showing how the polish looks most of the time; shimmery blue:


I didn’t feel like doing a lot with this, so I simply applied a layer of Revlon’s “Star”, which is silver and holographic glitter in various sizes, in a slightly dark toned base. The toned base makes Galaxy Invader show darker, which I don’t mind at all:


I find this glitter great with Galaxy Invader, because the mani now reminds me of a summer evening sky :)


This is probably not going to be my last Pretty Serious polish. I like the quality, and I love lots of the colours and finishes they come in. How about you – is this a brand you know?


Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani from every angle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one too and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great on you! Hadn't heard of this brand before but I'm glad the quality seems to be good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that's so gorgeous! I love the color shift in there! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that I'm impressed with the colourshift too :)

      Delete
  5. I'm freaking jealous here! That is all I have to say besides Kisses! lool,

    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'm so glad that this pretty polish is mine! :)

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty blue! I have two of their polish and just love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am impressed with the brand as well. :)

      Delete