Thursday, June 20, 2013

Born Pretty Holo Polish #8 and #11


Born Pretty Holo Polish #8 and #11

I was thrilled when my new holos arrived. We all know that pictures can make a product much prettier than it actually is, but these polishes look really cool in real life too!

The formula is good. I used my regular base coat and the polish applies easily, and the drying time is average. I had expected it to dry really fast, but no, just average. The first coat seemed a bit sheer, but the second coat covered the nail line and smoothed all irregularities out. And man! Can these babies shine and make rainbows? I tell you what: Yes They Can!

Here’s a picture of two coats, no topcoat. The picture is taken in direct sunlight: 




Isn’t that just pretty? The rainbow effect is great!




Look at the bottles in the sunshine! I love holos like these ones.





Then I did some simple dots on it, just to show you the coverage of the polishes. I made dots with the alternate colours down each nail. The purple is the darkest of the two polishes, and it is also the most opaque of the two. But the blue one covers pretty good as well – take a look for yourself:




There’s still no topcoat on these pictures btw.



The verdict:

Pros:
Strong linear holo effect
Gorgeous colours, and there are 12 different colours to choose between
Easy application without aqua basecoat
Good coverage

Cons:
The price tag. The polish costs $12.88 for only 6ml.
Average drying time – as opposed to fast (not fair to put this as a con, is it?)

16 comments:

  1. They look really gorgeous! Especially
    I love the blue one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really good. I think I might give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really have a wonderful holo effect - gorgeous both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the base color of dark holo. It looks very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too - it's as if it's more than "just purple" :)

      Delete
  5. The holo effect is so pretty on those! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very pretty! I was looking at them earlier but I had yet to see any actual bloggers swatch them so I had been unsure about them. So it's nice to finally see a review(and a positive one too :P).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really fast to actually send these, I was amazed how fast they arrived. I really like the polishes too :)

      Delete