Saturday, June 22, 2013

Glitter Gal ~ Lizard Belly


Glitter Gal ~ Lizard Belly
Dark black-ish green strong linear holographic

Here’s my second Glitter Gal holo! If I hadn’t read that Lizard Belly is dark green, then I would have thought it was black. It looks black in the bottle, and also when it’s out of the sunshine. But anyway: The formula is very good, and application was easy. I just used my regular base coat, and had no problems with dragging or bald spots. Drying time is good too, which is great, because I used three coats to achieve the desired opaqueness. I had hoped that two was enough, but it didn’t look quite right, so a third coat was definitely necessary.

Here’s what it looks like in the sunshine; three coats, no topcoat:




It’s obvious that the teal base is blackened here, and also how the polish got its name in the first place. Lizard Belly is a perfect name for this holographic beauty!




I guess it also shows why I thought this was black to begin with, doesn’t it?




The rainbows are amazing, and the holo is strong in this polish.




I didn’t take pictures out of the sunshine, but I think I should. This polish is a little bit “dull” in the shade, so perhaps I should have pimped it with some bling.



I didn’t do any nail art on this mani, because I wasn’t quite sure what would go with this. Dots? Stripes? Stamping? Suggestions are more than welcome, because this baby is definitely a keeper! :)



Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. It is such a gorgeous holo, especially in the sun - it's very subtle out of the light IMO..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, but I got to like the colour more as I wore it. It's not my favourite though :)

      Delete
  2. I like dark holographics. They're looks like a starry night! Very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd absolutely love to lay down and gaze up in a night sky like this one :)

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful! The holo effect is clear against the dark base! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't regret buying this, that's for sure :)

      Delete
  4. It is stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is gorgeous on its own so you did a good job ;)

    ReplyDelete