Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Linda Johansen ~ Razzle Dazzle


Linda Johansen ~ Razzle Dazzle
Deep purple with scattered holo

This is my second Linda Johansen polish. I was well impressed with the first one, even though it was grey :D You can see it here if you are interested!

Anyway, when I saw Razzle Dazzle I just knew I had to have it! It’s purple; it’s got holographic effect – what is there not to love?! I bought it on the spot!

The formula is great! It applies very easily, it dries fast and it’s basically just a great quality polish! It’s a jelly and I applied two coats and was satisfied with it, but when I look at the pictures I can see that I should have applied three. Anyway, two will have to do for this time. Here is a picture of two coats, no topcoat. The picture is taken in the sun:



The holo is gorgeous, I absolutely love it! And it even works in low light – here’s a picture taken in my lightbox:



Can you see how it looks as if it glows from within? I really love that! 

I went for some dots to make it come more alive. I used a bright turquoise polish from Ma.nish.ma. called “Bolts of Blue” and made four dots on each nail. I sealed it all up with a new top coat I’ve bought in a blog sale: H. K. Girl. I’ve heard so many good things about it and have been dying to try it myself, so I was happy to finally get my hands on it.

Here’s the final mani in the sun:


And in my lightbox:


The polish still glows underneath the dots! :)

  
I can’t tell you how glad I am to have this polish in my stash. Linda Johansen is a Norwegian brand, and it deserves much more credit than it actually gets. Lacquered thumbs up from me!
 

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

I bought this polish from norwaynails.com.
Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade of purple! I think it's really important for a holo to look good in low light too and this one certainly does :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I have quite a lot of holos that look great in the sunshine and totally boring in the shadow. That's no good, since I spend more time indoors than in the sunshine :)

      Delete
  2. I like the polish, but I do like it better with the dots on. Fun color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the polish, but I am with you: I also like it better with the dots :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Dots are almost always nice :) And thank you :)

      Delete
  4. It's so very pretty - I would love to get my hands on Linda Johansen polishes one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you will one day soon ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you. I like it simple like this :)

      Delete
  6. That sparkly holo in the purple is so pretty! The dots you added is really fun too! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like the way the polish looks like it's glowing :)

      Delete