Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Five Days of Glittering Elements 3 ~ Blue Bellz


Glittering Elements 3 ~ Blue Bellz
baby blue shimmer with periwinkle hexes, teal micro hexes and silver and white micro glitters

This post is the third in the row of my “Five Days of Glittering Elements”. I’ve decided to show the five polishes in order, travelling from lightest to darkest, so click to see the white “Snowflake Kiss” - and the baby pink “Candy Lve reviews that I’ve already posted. But today it’s all about blue.  

The formula provided a bit of a trickier application experience than the first two polishes, but I can’t say that I’m surprised. There is much more glitter in Blue Bellz than there were in the previous two! But three thin layers is what it took to make this baby look the best, and here it is with one layer of Poshé topcoat on:

  
I didn’t fish for the glitters at all, but decided to just go with what the brush pulled up. And I was definitely satisfied with the number of hexagons and glitters I ended up getting. 




The glitters spread out nice and flat on the nails, so I didn’t end up with more texture than my faithful Poshé topcoat could smooth out. Sweet!



I’m a big fan of both glitters and shimmers, and I really like blue, so I’m very pleased with the way this polish ended up looking on my nails.


I didn’t do anything to try and make this look prettier. Amazing, eh? ;)


The verdict:
I really like the colour of Blue Bellz. I’m not a fan of chunky glitters, but these glitters manage to stay just the right size for my liking. As with the others I’ve tried previously, the formula was good. This was a bit more difficult to put on, but totally worth the extra effort :) Drying time again was on the slow side for me, but I put this on in a warm and humid room, which is probably a good part of the reason for that.

18 comments:

  1. This is amazingly pretty - so delicate and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that the tone of the blue is bright and not dusty :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely nail polish! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is such a pretty one, looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have to say that I agree with you! :)

      Delete
  4. This wasn't really something that I fell for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's nice that there's a polish for everybody :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I love this! Such a pretty shade of blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great shade, I couldn't agree more! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is such a pretty blue, and the glitters add a really nice sparkle to it! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitters did make the formula a little bit tricky, but I wouldn't have done without them :)

      Delete
  7. Now this is a blue polish! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete