Monday, June 10, 2013

BB Couture ~ Sexual Space



BB Couture ~ Sexual Space
Magenta packed with holographic microglitter

This is the other BB Couture polish I bought. Yesterday I tried Sea of Cortez on, and was a bit disappointed, so I thought I might as well try this too and get it out of the way. You can read my Sea of Cortez post here 

Sexual Space is from the L  I  P Collection (Ladies In Polish) from autumn 2012.

I was surprised over how nice the formula was on this polish compared to the other BB polish. It was easy to apply and much more opaque too. It took two easy, fast drying coats to make this look fantastic!

Here’s a pic of two coats and one coat of BK topcoat to make this even shinier:


And a picture from another angle:



Do you understand why I really love this?

The holo made this baby come alive in the nicest possible way:



It smells as if it’s scented! I haven’t seen anybody else state that fact in their blog posts, but it definitely smells like sweet berries of some kind. Sugared strawberries perhaps. If anyone can verify that I’ll be very grateful, thanks!

I stamped on it. I used the plate Apipila Mix and a black no name stamping polish. And then I sealed it all up with my all time favourite top coat Poshé. Here’s a picture in the shadow:


And here’s a sunshine picture. Oh how I love when the sun shines on me!


The mandatory blurry pic so the hologlitter can show off :D


I am so satisfied with this polish, it’s totally worth the price!

Now I wonder: Which one of the two polishes is the “typical” BB polish? Is it the blue, sheer and averagely drying polish or is it this magenta, opaque and fast drying polish? Please enlighten me so I don’t have to buy a third one to find out :D


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

24 comments:

  1. This is really pretty!

    Most of my BBs are pretty opaque and dry fine. The glass flecks tend to be sheerer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL how appropriate to put hearts on a polish with that name - sweet mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought it was totally appropriate too :D

      Delete
  3. I would love to see more reviews of this brand. I think this is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm going to buy more of them. The price here is pretty hefty, and there are other brands that I'd rather pay attention to :)

      Delete
  4. I can imagine how it sparkled in RL :). Very cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can assure you that there were sparkles all over :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE this colour! Strange name though lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw this is soooo pretty :) love that polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find often times things with fine glitter or lot of shimmer seem to dry more quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point :) I tend to find the ones that doen't though :D

      Delete
  8. Pretty color! Love all those sparkles in there! And the stamping you added on top is cute too! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooooo I love how that looks with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes some of the BB Couture polishes are scented !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting to hear; I thought my mind was making it up! :)

      Delete