Thursday, June 27, 2013

Five Days of Glittering Elements 4 ~ Princess Grape


Glittering Elements 4 ~ Princess Grape
Purple shimmer with red, orange and blue glitters, and periwinkle hexagons

Here we are with the second to last post in the row of my “Five Days of Glittering Elements”. Today we’ve reached my absolute favourite of the bunch, namely the purple one.

The formula was great, and the glitters and hexagons spread out easily without fishing or pushing the brush around on the nails. I had exactly the same issues here as with the others, with drying time – I really need to try this when the humidity has gone down a bit. I’ll let you know when that happens!

Anyway Рit took three coats to make it look great, and here it is with one layer of Posh̩ topcoat on:


Again, no fishing was necessary; I got a nice number of hexagons on my nails.


I really like the numbers of red glitters; it looks amazing on the nails.


And I didn’t experience any lumpiness or bumpiness on my nails – it was all smooth and nice. A big plus in my book for sure!!




I was so pleased with the look of this polish that I just couldn’t stop taking pictures on it! :D



The verdict:
This is my favourite of the bunch. I love the colour, the shimmer and especially the red glitters in the purple base. The hexagons are exactly the size I prefer. 

Drying time was on the slow side for me, but I put this on in a warm and humid room, so that is probably part of the reason for the slow drying time. I keep emphasising this, because heat and humidity have such an effect on the drying times of the polish and I want to make sure that it’s not seen as an unwarranted criticism of these products.

8 comments:

  1. That really is a very pretty polish - and so you LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been cool if it had been made especially for me, wouldn't it! :D

      Delete
  2. Purple base? Count me in any time! Looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think so too. I'm a purple lover too!

      Delete
  3. It is very beautiful! And your swatches too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This one is so pretty! Love the purple base! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete