Thursday, June 6, 2013

Invogue ~ Emerald Dust

Invogue ~ Emerald Dust
Acid green suede

This is one of the polishes I bought when I was on vacation in London. I bought a lot of polishes there, and this one was actually on my shopping list, so it was one I was looking for.

I love suedes with shimmer – it never fails to amaze me how it’s possible to have a matte shimmer, but it works!

The formula is rather tricky! I had lots of bald spots after the first layer, and if I put the brush down on the same place twice, it would pull the polish right off, grr! The second coat was slightly easier, but not much. I still had to be careful to use as few brushstrokes as possible. I failed on my thumb, and had to give that a third coat to even out irregularities. It dries superfast though, which is a huge plus! 

Edit: This polish gets very easy to apply if you use an aqua base coat!

Enough talk! Let’s look at the pictures. Here’s a pic of two coats, no topcoat. Picture in taken in the sun:




On this next picture you can see the shimmer in the matte, it’s sooo pretty!




And here’s another shot because I really like how this polish looks on my nails:




I stamped on it! I used a stamping plate called “H22” which I believe is a Fauxnad plate. I stamped with a no name black stamping polish and I used my XL stamper. There’s one layer of Poshé top coat to really make it shine:




The pictures with the stamped designs are all taken just before the sun went down, so there’s no direct sun on them.




One last picture, because I can :D


 
That’s it! Did you like what you saw? Have you heard about Invogue before?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. Shimmer and matte is such an amazing combination - but I like it a lot with top coat too - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like it both with and without the top coat - it's like two different polishes.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard about this brand before. This nail polish looks amazing with top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me too, but I'm glad I actually found it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love invogue, I have one of their feather effect polishes, jaye bird, it's lovely layered over a sky blue. Love your stamping desgin too! Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the feathered effect polishes too when I bought this one, and I think they look really interesting. I'm not so crazy about bar glitters though, so I gave them a miss. Perhaps I should have bought at least one anyway :D

      Delete
    2. I definitely recommend trying at least one of them, they're not expensive so it's worth it, just so you know whether they're really for you or not.

      Delete
    3. I'll see if I can get my hands on one then. It's just not that easy since the Royal Mail started being annoying with polish in the mail.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color, perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's just so gorgeous! I love bright greens like that! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Suede is such a fab finish! And I love the stamp you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've got a couple of more suedes up my sleeve :)

      Delete