Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kiko ~ 421 Pearly Pink Iguana, with sunny flowers



Kiko ~ 421 Pearly Pink Iguana
Bright fuchsia with pink shimmer

Here’s another polish bought in London. I’m quite fond of Kiko polishes, so I was happy to bring home a few from my holiday. This one is from the LE Celebration collection, of which I bought 3 out of 10. Pretty good score, if you ask me!

Application was a breeze and I was impressed with how opaque it is. I could have gotten away with one coat, but the second once made the colour richer and even more vibrant. I was like “wow” when I looked at my fingernails: This is really a colour with an attitude. I love that!

The sun was shining, so you get to see this beauty in all its glory. Two coats, no topcoat, in direct sunlight:


If that isn’t right in your face, then I don’t know what is! Here’s another shot:


Look at that shimmer, I absolutely love that! 

I stamped on it, using a single flower design from Mash’ plate Mash35 and a no name dark purple polish called “Suzi skies in the Pyrenees”. I dotted the middle of the flower with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri “Lightening”, sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and I was done.

The sun went down behind a building while I was stamping, so here’s a picture out of direct sunlight:


The polish isn’t quite as vibrant, but I still think it’s gorgeous! 

Here’s one last picture of my very summery mani:


I must admit that I’m a little bit sad that Kiko isn’t available in Denmark, because I think it’s a great brand at affordable prices. But – so far I’ve managed to get my hands on pretty much what I wanted, so I guess I’ll survive :D
Do you know Kiko polishes? If yes, do you own any?


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

15 comments:

  1. Such a fun mani! Love the hint of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how big a difference a yellow dot can do, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I probably have about 10 Kiko polishes, and I love them all, but I can't get them where I live in the UK.
    I love this manicure, the stamping compliments the colour so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that Kiko starts shipping to other European countries, so it won't be so difficult to get them in future :)

      Delete
  3. OHHH, that really IS right in your face, and OH so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right in your face is great :) I really like that! Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. That IS an awesome pink!
    Looks great on you :)

    The mani makes me dream about cold drinks on the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmh... cold drinks on the beach sounds really cool. I'd love that right now :)

      Delete
  5. Very summer-y manicure! <3
    I have a few Kiko's and I love them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful, i really need to get some Kikos. I agree with you, it's really annoying that you can't buy them in Denmark. Why do all the other countries get all the pretty polish??! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it's like that; it's such a shame, isn't it!
      That's why my suitcase always gets so heavy when I'm on vacation haha!!! :D

      Delete
  7. Love this mani! The flowers are so cute... very fun for summer! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - this is such a cool summer polish indeed! :)

      Delete