Saturday, June 8, 2019

Claire's ~ Aries


Claire's ~ Aries
Green and silver metallic glitter

Today's polish is from Claire's. I have mixed emotions when it comes to Claire's. I always check out their polishes when I'm there, and I sometimes find something really cool. I'm not crazy about their offers though. This time they had "buy 3 things and get 3 (other) things for free". You pick 6 things and pay for the 3 most expensive of them. It's a very clever way to increase sales! I picked 2 polishes - this one and "Pisces". The nice lady at the checkout made me aware of the offer and made me pick 4 more polishes, because "If you pick four more, then you only pay for 3 polishes". The catch is that the two polishes I originally picked were the cheapest of the bunch so I paid quite a lot more than I had planned to. Clever. Very clever.

Anyway - they're still not expensive, so I'm sure I'll survive :D 

Aries are courageous, confident, and optimistic! If your birthday is between March 21 and April 19, then this is you!

The formula of Aries is great! I used two coats for my manicure today and the drying time was really good.

The stamp is from the stamping plate "XY-COCO12" and I stamped with "Restless Night" from El Corazón.

Here's the end result, including a layer of topcoat.

Claire's ~ Aries
Claire's ~ Aries

"Aries" is so blingy that it was a challenge to photograph the stamping design.

Claire's ~ Aries
Claire's ~ Aries

Here's "Aries" alone; two coats and no topcoat yet. The metallic bling made my camera freak out a bit.

Claire's ~ Aries
Claire's ~ Aries

Here are the things I used today.


I'm surprised that "Aries" is green. The birthstones of March and April are aquamarine and diamond, so I had expected either light blue or silver - or even red, since Aries is a fire zodiac. But never mind, it's a lovely blingy polish.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Metallic glitter
Overall impression: Very blingy, great formula, good polish
Buy again: Yes

2 comments:

  1. Very, very blingy! :-) Yes, it's so difficult to stamp over it, maybe only white has some chance to pop-up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point with white. I think black would work too but I wasn't in the mood for that :)

      Delete