Sunday, June 9, 2019

Misslyn ~ Extra-Galactic


Misslyn ~ Extra-Galactic
Dark purple textured polish with purple microglitter

"Extra-Galactic" is from Misslyn's series of velvet diamond-polishes. I didn't quite know what to expect from a collection with that name, but it turns out to be a texture polish that doesn't dry up blingy.

I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time was good.

I had originally planned to make a glitter gradient today, but changed my mind last minute. Instead I applied glitter on all the nail. I used another Misslyn polish for that, "Mirrow Ball" (yes, it's spelt like that on the bottle...). It's a beautiful silver/holo glitter topper.

Here's one coat of the glittery topper over the dark purple textured polish + an additional layer of topcoat.

Misslyn: Extra-Galactic topped with Mirrow Ball
Misslyn: Extra-Galactic topped with Mirrow Ball

I really like this. The glitter topper and the topcoat didn't quite smooth out the grittiness of "Extra-Galactic", so you need at least an extra layer of topcoat if you want completely smooth nails.

Misslyn: Extra-Galactic topped with Mirrow Ball
Misslyn: Extra-Galactic topped with Mirrow Ball

Here's "Extra-Galactic" on it's own; two coats and no topcoat.

Misslyn ~ Extra-Galactic
Misslyn ~ Extra-Galactic

And here are the two polishes I used.


I think "Extra-Galactic" is way more beautiful in the bottle than it is on the nails.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Texture
Overall impression: I like the glitter a lot, I wish it was more prominent
Buy again: I don't think so

2 comments:

  1. It looks completely different in the bottle and on your nails, but I still like it a lot! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost can't believe it's the same polish :D

      Delete