Saturday, November 24, 2012

Accessorize ~ Autumn Gradient


Accessorize ~ Pink Spice and Aztec  
Red/golden duochrome and Purple/golden/green duochrome, both shimmery

Pink Spice is a dupe for MAC’s Bad Fairy, and Aztec is a dupe for MAC’s Mean and Green. I must admit that they’re both impressively pretty in the bottle. They are obviously different colours, but the shimmer in them is the same colour, so I figured that I’d make a gradient with these two pretties.

I started out with one coat of Pink Spice, which is such a pretty shimmery duochrome. It would be fantastic on its own, that’s for sure. I didn’t take a pic of this step – I went directly to the sponging instead.

I sponged twice to get a decent coverage with Aztec. I must admit that these autumn colours aren’t my first choice of polishes, but these two are really pretty.

Here’s my gradient – there’s one coat of Poshé top coat on:



And from another angle, holding the other bottle:


I love the way the duochromes work in this mani. On the last pic you can see both orange, red, purple and green, and I really dig that!

I figured that this mani would be perfect for some fall leaves, I just wasn’t sure which colour I’d stamp with. I tried with black first, but that totally drowned and weren’t very visible. I switched to white instead. It wasn’t the perfect colour choice, but hey… I used Bundlemonster's stamping plate BM04 and a no name white stamping polish.

Here’s the final mani, with an additional coat of Poshé top coat on:


Another one, just for the heck of it:

 
You won’t be seeing a lot of autumn manis from me, even though I quite like this. What do you think? Do you like the two Accessorize polishes together?


12 comments:

  1. I have both of these polishes, and it never would've occured to me to use them together, as the colours are so different, but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so different, and I only put them together because the shimmer seemed to match :) And fortunately it did :)

      Delete
  2. It's a really lovely fall mani, great color combo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I don't do autumn colours as a rule, but look how shimmery these are! :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous gradient and the final mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty mani! :) love the stamping ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty gradient! I love the colors you used. :-)
    And the stamping is really cute too.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete