Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sinful Colors ~ I Miss Yuo


Sinful Colors ~ I Miss Yuo  
Purple jelly with silver glitter

First of all, I have to assure you that I can spell. It’s not a typo in the header – the name of the polish is printed that way on the bottle. Whether it’s a mistake or not, I do not know, but fact is that the label says “I miss yuo”!

Anyway – I didn’t know it was a jelly, so I must admit that I was disappointed to find that out. So - I decided to layer this over something else, since I simply don’t have the patience to sit through four layers of drying time :D

I chose Maybelline “Purple Icon” from their Color Show collection. It’s a very pretty shimmery magenta, which covered perfectly in two easy coats. I wish all polishes were as easy to apply as this one!

Here’s how the polish looks without top coat:


 And from another angle:



Then I applied one coat of “I Miss Yuo”. I wasn’t impressed with the glitter, which applied unevenly. The coverage wasn’t impressive either! I decided to only apply one coat of it, so here’s that step:



On this pic you can see that the glitter leaves bald spots here and there, which isn’t very acceptable in my book. I’m not really sure that I’m going to keep this polish, to be honest!



Anyway – I wanted to do a little bit more with it, so I made so stripes with a striper from Essence called “Grape-Metallics Rock!”. And then I topped it with Miss Sporty top coat. Here’s the finished mani:


 And from another angle:


 Here are the involved polishes:


I’m not convinced that this is a win situation. But hey – practice does make better, right? :)


Opacity: 4/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 5/10
Value for money: 3/10
Overall: 4.5/10
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. So spatkly, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too - same reason (sparkly!), and it's a nice color. Maybe another coat would clear up the bald spot problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you're right, it just needs another coat. I'm so impatient with my polishes :D

      Delete
  3. Practice does make better - but i like what I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol @ The spelling of you. is that a typo? This is a cute combo. I see no bald spots though.. Lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't know if it's a typo or if it's like that on all the polishes. It would be fun if it wasn't on lots of them :)

      Delete
  5. hehe @ the spelling :-)
    I like the end result! The sparkles add a lot to the mani.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that glitters often do that, I love that, as you know :)

      Delete
  6. I do love that base color! So pretty and yes the spelling is stupid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, why would they spell like that - there's no point in that :D

      Delete