Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pure Ice ~ Iced Merlot - with Color Club dots


Pure Ice ~ Iced Merlot  
Burgundy with silver shimmer

This is my second Pure Ice polish. I wasn’t impressed with the first one, so my hopes weren’t up very high for this one, frankly. But I wanted to give it a try, because it looks really beautiful in the bottle!

The formula on Iced Merlot is a dream. The polish glides right on, leaving no bald spots or brush strokes. The pigmentation is really great, and it’s a one coater. I applied two coats anyway, to add to the depth of the colour.

Two coats, no top coat:



Look at the depth of the shine. I think it looks really great, and I’m both surprised and impressed.



Now for a bit of nail art. I taped my nails vertically and painted the non taped half of the nail with Color Club’s “Foil me once”, from their Foiled collection from Autumn 2011. This collection is just awesome for nail art. It comes in six colours, and they’re all so pigmented that they cover in one coat.

I also dotted “Foil med once” on the Burgundy part of the nail, to make a see through effect. I covered it all with a layer of Seche Vite top coat, and my mani was done:


Here’s another shot of it:


I quite like this, but I wish I had done it the other way around, so it was the Iced Merlot that was the most visible colour. What do you think – should I have reversed the colours?


Pure Ice ~ Iced Merlot
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the formula of this one :-) I like the colour combination the way it is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I was suspicious - but I'm very happy that this one turned out better than the first one :) - And thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. It's really girly and cute - and your blog keeps falling of my blog list, today too....
    Wonder if I have to unfollow - and then follow again :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really odd! Perhaps it's my blog, that's causing the problem. I think I've had a bit fewer comments than normal.
      I'm glad you're coming back though!! :)

      Delete
  3. Iced Merlot is so pretty! And a one coater! :D
    I like the art you did too. The pink is a nice combo!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      One coaters are perfect in my book! :)

      Delete