Wednesday, November 7, 2012

OPI ~ Absolutely Alice with Essence dots


OPI ~ Absolutely Alice  
Medium blue glitter with sparse gold glitters

"Absolutely Alice" is from the Alice in Wonderland collection from spring 2010. I’ve been lemming this for quite a while now, but it’s getting harder and harder to find at a reasonable price. I found this in a blog sale, and I paid $25 for it. That’s way more than I would usually spend on a polish – but since OPI costs $22 here, I didn’t think it was hugely expensive. I was very impatient with my postman until the day where he finally brought me Alice :D

It took two easy coats to reach desired opaqueness. Drying time was pretty fast, and that pleased me a lot. I hate sitting around just waiting for paint to dry…

Two coats, no top coat yet:


And from a different angle:


I decided to go for dotting for my nail art. I used two Essence polishes: A white crème from their “50’s Girls reloaded” collection, and a pink crème from their “Ready for Boarding” collection.

I tried to keep the dots on half the nails, like as if I had masked it with tape diagonally across. And I dotted in various sizes with the two colours.

Here’s it’s sealed up with a layer of Poshé top coat:


On this pic you can see how I tried to keep half of Alice by herself:


And here’s another shot with the other bottle, just because I like this mani so much:

 
The involved polishes:


So – what do you think, girls? Would you pay $25 for one polish? If not – what’s your limit?


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.75/10
Buy again: Yes

28 comments:

  1. I've spent about $20 for one, so $25 wouldn't be too much more. Really pretty polish by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which polish did you spend $20 on? :)
      Thank you - I'm so pleased it's finally mine!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! But I guess you knew I would like this since it has dotts in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care the price as long as a quality is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good answer! So what's the most you've spent on one polish?

      Delete
  4. I love AA, and this mani is great. It has sort of a nautical look to it, really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's gorgeous, isn't she? :)
      Thank you - I *really* like this shade of blue!

      Delete
  5. I paid $29 for AA. If it's a unique colour I will spend $$$ on high end brands. It's rare I spend that much on a brand that cost less but who's price has been inflated. I have to REALLY like it.

    And this is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure what my limit is yet, but at some point we'll probably reach it, and then I'll definitely post about it.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you. I got quite a few compliments at work too :)

      Delete
  7. AA is gorgeous. WOW. I love the dots too though. I absolutely Love AA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the end result is awesome! Totally fun! :D
    The most I have paid for a polish is $18. Not sure if I can go above that. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh alice is so gorgeous :) so dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous color! and i love the dots! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. My limit for a polish is still 10€, I never paid more.. but for such a lemming hmm I think it's justified :) Alice looks great, but I decided to mix it up myself instead of searching for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All my Rescue Beauty Lounge polish are $20-but I like the formula so I pay it. Chanel are $26 and I don't like the formula so I won't buy it. I guess that's my story

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous glitter! Looks cute with dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed over how good it looked with dots :) So thanks!

      Delete
  14. Wow, $77 is a lot of money. But I understand that, if it's a polish you really want, and is going to be a proud owner of! :)
    $16 for Alice - you're very lucky!! :)

    ReplyDelete