Saturday, November 10, 2012

Miyo ~ Mars - sponged with Icing glitter


Miyo ~ Mars
Shimmery multichrome that shifts between green, purple and teal

I bought this polish in Sweden. The brand is new to me, but the display attracted my attention. I only bought this one polish though, because all of the others were crèmes, and a bit boring in my opinion. But the multichrome effect in Mars looked very promising.

The formula is good and application was easy, although the first coat looked like a streaky mess. The second coat was almost self applying, and evened out every streak and bald spot. And the colour is even more beautiful on the nails than in the bottle!

Here’s what two coats look like, without top coat:


It flashes both teal, green and purple, although the green was excessively shy when I turned on my camera. But hey – I assure you that the green is there! :D


I decided to go for a glitter gradient today. I chose a “double ended polish” from Icing called “Force of Love”. It’s a darkened base with silver glitter and larger teal hexagons. I bought it very cheap in a blog sale, and I think the previous owner has had it for a while, because it’s very thick and gloopy. But it’s nothing that a bit of thinner can’t fix, and besides, it’s perfect for this purpose: Sponging!

I sponged it halfway up on each nail, covered it all up with a layer of Seche Vite, and my mani was done:


Here’s a pic taken with flash. I really like the final result.



 
So that’s my newest polish bought in Sweden. Do you know this brand? Are you also a multichrome fan?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

15 comments:

  1. I love this combo - and yay, this post turned up on my dashboard, and your blog name is back in the right alphabetic order, I think it'll stick now LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray!!! :) I'll do my best to hang onto your dashboard! :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this brand but the shade looks great on you and I love the glitter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was actually a woman who asked me "What's that on your tips?"
      I didn't know what to answer but "That is a bit of glitter polish..."
      She nodded knowingly and said: "aahhh..." as if she understood. Haha!!

      Delete
  3. great blue metallic! i'd like it, looks very interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glittery tips! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was pleased to include this in my stash <3

      Delete
  5. I love the end result! The sponged glitters look so pretty! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I'm a duochrome fan, sometimes I'm not. It's a weird thing with me. I do love that blue base and have never heard of this brand before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like all duochromes either, but that's because some of them flashes gold, which isn't my colour at all.

      Delete