Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sinful Color ~ Fiji and Pure Ice ~ Cheatin


Sinful Color ~ Fiji   
Violet shimmery jelly

meets

Pure Ice ~ Cheatin   
Clear base with purple and blue glitters

I started out this mani with applying two coats of Sinful Color’s “Fiji”. It’s a jelly. I don’t like jellies much; I only bought this because I thought it was an ordinary shimmer. The formula is quite runny, and should you wear this alone I would definitely recommend *at least* three coats, maybe even four. I do like the colour though, it’s a really pretty purple.

Here is a pic of two coats, no top coat:



And from another angle:


I used my white striper from Claire’s to add two vertical lines on each nail. I know I’ve used that simple pattern before, but I really like it, so it’s probably not going to be the last time it appears here.

Here’s that step:


Then I applied two coats of Pure Ice “Cheatin”. I thought one would be enough, but it’s more sparse than I thought it would be. I finished with a layer of Poshe top coat, my all time favourite!

Here’s my final mani:


I really like the way the glitter covers up the lines a bit:



And a close up of the glitter. It's pretty, eh? 


I must say that I think both of these polishes will go into my swaplist. I don’t like the formula of the Sinful Colors, and I would have liked the Pure Ice to be denser. I do love the glitter though! What do you think of my mani?


Sinful Color ~ Fiji   
Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Durability: 4/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 5/10
Buy again: No


Pure Ice ~ Cheatin   
Opacity: N/A/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 6/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous combination - and the fact that it's purple doesn't make it less interesting LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I also like the way glitter covered lines a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a pretty cool detail, I find! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I like the end result with the glitter! Very pretty! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most of the pure ice colors are more for layering instead of as a full on mani. I don't like either brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right, even though some of them look like regular polishes to begin with. I'm glad I like layering :)

      Delete