Friday, November 30, 2012

The Rest of the Year Challenge 5: Thanksgiving

The Rest of the Year Challenge 5: Thanksgiving

We don’t celebrate thanksgiving in Denmark. In fact there are only five places in the world they celebrate it, and that’s USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Norfolk Island and Liberia. That means that I don’t have a relation to Thanksgiving.

I knew for sure that I didn’t want turkeys on my fingernails, but then what? I decided to make some simple nail designs, each design representing something I’m grateful for. How’s that?

My base colours were three coats of Models Own “Snow White”, and two coats of Sinful Colors “Gogo Girl”, H&M “On Ice” and Hello Kitty “Pink Summer”.

Here’s my final design:



 I drew a heart on my pinkie, because I’m grateful for love. I used China Glaze’s Ruby Pumps, which is a legendary glittery China Glaze. I love that red glitter!

I stamped a heart line on my ring finger, because I’m grateful for life. I stamped with a no name black stamping polish, and I used Mash’s plate #38.

I drew faces with a mix of the pink and the white I used earlier, and drew hair and eyes on the little faces. I drew them because I’m grateful for my friends and family.

And last, but not least, I stamped a peace sign on my index finger, because I’m grateful for peace. I used the same black no name stamping polish, and stamping plate BM07 from Bundlemonster.

So that’s the things I’m the most grateful for. What would you have picked, given the same question?

The polishes I used:


 Models Own: Snow White, Sinful Colors: Gogo Girl, H&M: On Ice, Hello Kitty: Pink Summer, China Glaze: Ruby Pumps, Claire’s Black Striper


Check out these other Danish girls’ blogs to see what they came up with for Thanksgiving. I am heading over there right now, because I’m very curious!


12 comments: